Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jan-18 8:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147
 Post subject: Re: "Ban card X... it wins too many games in my area!"
AgePosted: 2018-Oct-16 8:00 pm 

OldVig wrote:
Does this change anything? Does it put it more firmly in the spotlight?
I like good cards so I don't think so.

How could it be any less in the spotlight? It's the ubiquitous card of the format, virtually emblematic.

I don't think that changes anything though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-23 11:47 pm 

so, i have a question, which is the philosophy of commander?... too many people complaining about fast mana, but, its worst when you lose the game without play a land... i believe that ban flash is a must... my meta has become very sterile with flash and protean hulk (i don't care protean hulk). The experience to the new players is awful. In that way we kill the commander philosophy.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-24 12:48 am 

medvet wrote:
so, i have a question, which is the philosophy of commander?... too many people complaining about fast mana, but, its worst when you lose the game without play a land... i believe that ban flash is a must... my meta has become very sterile with flash and protean hulk (i don't care protean hulk). The experience to the new players is awful. In that way we kill the commander philosophy.

Right ... so, don't play with that guy.

Should be pretty easy to get other people to agree. I mean, what's the point of shuffling up if you don't even get a turn. Or alternately, tell the guy "You win, now we're going to play for 2nd."

The benefit of flash/hulk (especially when it happens before players get a turn) is that you now know this person isn't playing for the same reason you are. Which is perfectly fine. It also means that this person, without coaching, will likely ruin the kinds of games you want (if you want a longer more interactive game.) So wouldn't you rather know earlier that this guy wrecks games?

As well -- Flash->Hulk into a winning combo in multiplayer requires a certain mindset to do -- this is the person who is in it to win. If that's not why you're playing commander (and it isn't the purpose behind it) then simply don't play with that person.

If Hulk and/or Flash were banned -- this person would just move on to the next good/resilient combo to win as fast as he can. This is a player problem. You want to use fencing foils and have a nice to look at, choreographed fencing duel. This guy showed up with a gun. The likelihood of him showing up with a fencing foil is minimal unless you sit him down and tell him (as a group works better) what kinds of things you want out of your commander games.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147