[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - "Ban card X... it wins too many games in my area!"

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 8:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151
 Post subject: Re: "Ban card X... it wins too many games in my area!"
AgePosted: 2019-Jun-09 12:16 pm 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-09 12:27 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-09 3:22 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 6:07 am 

The current updated decklist is here
The current updated decklist is here

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 6:51 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 8:29 am 

This is an anecdote of limited scope, but playing in MTGO over the weekend I had my azorious signet hit by a naturalize before I got to untap with it. I was definitely taken aback, not because my rock got destroyed, I just played my brain in a jar (which got krosan gripped a couple turns later), but because that player has no idea what threats could be played by any of the other players in the next few turns.

At that point in the game, no-one knows what each others decks are capable of, and so I think hitting a rock like that is a bad play. As far as I can see there are two likely outcomes, either the player kept a sketchy hand with a good 3 or 4 drop, so hitting their rock means they may not hit their 3rd land and be screwed for a while, or you set one person back marginally for a turn and they will continue to play unabated and you wasted a card. Neither is particularly appealing to me.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 9:42 am 

I'd certainly consider hitting a T1 Sol Ring/Mana Crypt, but anything that just "+1's" your mana production including signets (land + signet = 2 mana), talismans, manalith-equivalents etc etc I'd probably leave alone, saving my artifact destruction for something relevant.

Having said that if my opponent has 4 lands and 4 "+1's" in play, I'd certainly consider blowing them all up at once (even without other targets) because they're clearly up to no good.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 10:03 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 10:39 am 

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 10:44 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-10 11:39 am 

As an aside, your playgroup seems heavily slanted towards glass cannon combo decks. Do people run any type effects?

Lab maniac decks don't work very well without the lab maniac.

Playing Online:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-29 2:19 am 

Deck list Jund creature combo (not updated)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-29 8:30 am 

Playing Online:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-29 4:37 pm 

Deck list Jund creature combo (not updated)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151