Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-13 11:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152
 Post subject: Re: "Ban card X... it wins too many games in my area!"
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-26 2:30 pm 

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lavinia of the Tenth get banned as she turns Roon of the Hidden Realm into a degenerate Stax deck. One of my friends pulled this off in a Commander game he had against Nicol Bolas, the Ravager and Krenko, Mob Boss as his board state was getting gross with ETB triggers left and right.

Everyone else except for my friend sat around and did nothing throughout the entire game when they could've scooped but instead they decided to play the game out anyway. My friend being aware that he violated the social contract of the format by accident was told to never run Roon of the Hidden Realm as his Commander ever again or at the very least take Lavinia of the Tenth out.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-26 3:45 pm 

Card Slinger J wrote:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lavinia of the Tenth get banned as she turns Roon of the Hidden Realm into a degenerate Stax deck. One of my friends pulled this off in a Commander game he had against Nicol Bolas, the Ravager and Krenko, Mob Boss as his board state was getting gross with ETB triggers left and right.

Everyone else except for my friend sat around and did nothing throughout the entire game when they could've scooped but instead they decided to play the game out anyway. My friend being aware that he violated the social contract of the format by accident was told to never run Roon of the Hidden Realm as his Commander ever again or at the very least take Lavinia of the Tenth out.

Solution: play things with CMC 5 or more. Lavinia is incredibly easy to work around as Detain only works on permanents. In addition, she only has protection from Red, so pretty much anyone playing Black can take her off the field. For example, your buddy playing Bolas.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-27 1:33 pm 

Are you aware that you can respond to the activation of Roon with a removal spell? So whatever is being targeted can be killed and then the ability does nothing. Roon is definitely annoying and it can be built degenerate, but the ability is not inherently broken?

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152