Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2017-Jun-22 12:09 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Scion of Ur Dragon Questions
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-14 10:57 pm 

Joined: 2017-May-21 10:09 am
Age: Hatchling
2 question for my friend.

Is their anyway to keep the copy of the dragon he becomes until end of turn through his ability from going to the graveyard. For example if he becomes hellkite overlord and at the end of turn you regenerates him does that mean you get hellkite overlord and scion of ur dragon both on the battlefield?

Second question is Keiga The Tide Star if scion of the Ur Draon becomes a copy of it until of turn does that mean at the end of your turn or however can you gain control of a target creature?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scion of Ur Dragon Questions
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-15 12:48 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Dec-10 12:16 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
First, Welcome to the forums. We hope you stick around an enjoy the environment.

Second, please (please) use card tags. There is a "card" button in the editor (Highlight the card name and click "Card" - or click first then type the card name in the tags); or you can manually add [ca rd]Cardname[/card] (without the space) so that Forest or Scion of the Ur-Dragon show the cards when you hover over them.

Zandon09 wrote:
Is there any way to keep the copy of the dragon he becomes until end of turn through his ability from going to the graveyard.

For example if he becomes hellkite overlord and at the end of turn you regenerate him, does that mean you get hellkite overlord and scion of the ur-dragon both on the battlefield?


Your example idea does not work, but you can use cards like Wheel of Sun and Moon so that the chosen dragon card is put back into the deck after the ability resolves. Remember, the ability is what is putting the dragon card into the graveyard, so that dragon will be in the graveyard before Scion is a copy of the dragon. Also, the copy effect is what will stop at the end of the turn.

Zandon09 wrote:
Second question is Keiga, The Tide Star if scion of the Ur-Dragon becomes a copy of it until of turn does that mean at the end of your turn or however can you gain control of a target creature?


No, because "keiga" hasn't died at the end of the turn; Scion has simply stopped copying it. However you could, for example when Scion is about to die anyway (such as a Wrath of God or Murder), you could activate the ability and copy Keiga, so that when he does die, the Keiga ability will trigger.

_________________
V/R

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scion of Ur Dragon Questions
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-15 1:15 pm 

Joined: 2017-May-21 10:09 am
Age: Hatchling
Thanks I will let him know!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scion of Ur Dragon Questions
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-15 4:56 pm 

Joined: 2009-Apr-21 3:38 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Palm Springs Area, CA
Treamayne wrote:

No, because "keiga" hasn't died at the end of the turn; Scion has simply stopped copying it. However you could, for example when Scion is about to die anyway (such as a Wrath of God or Murder), you could activate the ability and copy Keiga, so that when he does die, the Keiga ability will trigger.

seems risky to let the commander go to the graveyard.

_________________
3DH4L1F3


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scion of Ur Dragon Questions
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-15 5:03 pm 

Joined: 2009-Apr-21 3:38 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Palm Springs Area, CA
Zandon09 wrote:
2 question for my friend.

Is their anyway to keep the copy of the dragon he becomes until end of turn through his ability from going to the graveyard. For example if he becomes hellkite overlord and at the end of turn you regenerates him does that mean you get hellkite overlord and scion of ur dragon both on the battlefield?

Second question is Keiga The Tide Star if scion of the Ur Draon becomes a copy of it until of turn does that mean at the end of your turn or however can you gain control of a target creature?

This sounds like your friend is not understanding how these abilities work.

Hellkite Overlord cannot regenerate when in the graveyard. Regenerate prevents creatures from being destroyed.
Compare Drudge Skeletons with Reassembling Skeleton. Drudge skeleltons wont go to the graveyard if they regenerate. Reassembling Skeletons go to the graveyard and come back.

With Keiga, it has to be a creature for the ability to trigger when it dies. Scion can become a copy and gain the ability. When Scion stops being keiga the control ability doesnt trigger as Scion never died. You also should understand that triggers like Keiga and Child of Alara dont trigger unless the card goes to the graveyard. When commanders are destroyed or sacrificed we usually put them directly into the command zone.

_________________
3DH4L1F3


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scion of Ur Dragon Questions
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-15 10:25 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Dec-10 12:16 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
niheloim wrote:
Treamayne wrote:

No, because "keiga" hasn't died at the end of the turn; Scion has simply stopped copying it. However you could, for example when Scion is about to die anyway (such as a Wrath of God or Murder), you could activate the ability and copy Keiga, so that when he does die, the Keiga ability will trigger.

seems risky to let the commander go to the graveyard.


Correct, I should have mentioned it was risky; but I was focused on the fact that it *could* be done (if they want a way for Scion to do this). It should also be noted that with Wheel of Sun and Moon (one of the best cards for a Scion deck, IMO), it would still never go to the graveyard or trigger Dies triggers.

_________________
V/R

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron