Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Dec-10 2:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2018-Mar-09 2:54 pm 

Coco wrote:
The next card is Soulblade Djinn.

Mizzix of the Izmagnus. Because...Buyback.

Mystic speculation, Haze of Rage, Seething Anger, Clockspinning, etc. are all great, re-usable ways to get Prowess type triggers. Cost reduction is a great way to get multiple buybacks.

Since we are thinking Prowess, You also have Goblinslide and Skywise Teachings for a token army to buff. Combat tricks galore. True, White would be nice, but the cost reduction is worth it, and it would make a nice change from the normal "Mizzix for huge X spell" decks.

Next card: Nature's Blessing

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-09 6:44 pm 

Treamayne wrote:

I won a game using this card in my Rafiq deck last time I played it.... (that's not an answer to the question though). The +1/+1 counter made him just big enough for a one-hit kill (with Steel of the Godhead, Loxodon Warhammer, and a couple other exalted creatures)

Sorry, just reminiscing ;)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-10 12:36 pm 

Viperion wrote:
Treamayne wrote:

I won a game using this card in my Rafiq deck last time I played it.... (that's not an answer to the question though). The +1/+1 counter made him just big enough for a one-hit kill (with Steel of the Godhead, Loxodon Warhammer, and a couple other exalted creatures)

Sorry, just reminiscing

No worries, I had it in my old Rafiq deck as well; but mine was Exalted themed (no voltron) with a banding subtheme. If I am only ever going to attack with one critter, I want enough banders to block anything and distribute damage - make those untapped creatures useful - and most exalted creatures were weenies. It was one of my only non-tribal EDH decks for a long time. Giving banding at instant speed was so worth this card in that deck.

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-11 6:41 am 

Treamayne wrote:

I'm going to go with Karametra, God of Harvests but with the provision that you go the enchantress route and include cards like Land Tax and Starfield of Nyx. Karametra should ramp you enough to pay the mana cost of the ability, Land Tax and all of your enchantresses should ensure that you always have cards to discard, and Starfield should provide you with proper targets especially if you discard them right before your turn.

Next card: Null Chamber

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-12 10:14 am 

MMLgamer wrote:
Next card: Null Chamber

I had this in my Zedruu list for a while; I wanted to use as many cards that worked like the Offering cycle (i.e. Volcanic Offering), where you can give players something resembling a choice as to how the game progresses. I maintain that it would work well in any deck where you want to make deals with people, and I think it still has some very interesting applications.

Picking a general for such a deck, I would want one that's not perceived to be exceptionally powerful and is not critical to your deck, so it doesn't get named. Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis is a clear choice. Partner commanders might also serve this well, as an opponent could only name one.

Next up, Demonic Pact

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-12 10:56 am 

Shattergang Brothers is the obvious choice here but after some digging I found other generals for it I like. Probably my favorite for it would definitely be Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim.

Phylactery Lich

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-12 2:38 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

Sydri or Breya seem the obvious choices; but I have to go with Glissa, the Traitor. BG Zombie tribal seems unique; add a general that cares about artifacts an it is too good a theme to pass up for this interaction. Darksteel Plate, Darksteel Garrison and Darksteel ingot all want Phylactery counters. Sac outlet with Corpse Dance (or other recursion engine) shenanigans can get Phylactery counters on all of them.

Speaking of buyback...
Evangelize

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-15 4:55 am 

Treamayne wrote:
Speaking of buyback...
Evangelize

Trostani, Selesnya's Voice comes to mind first. The card wants to be played with excessive amounts of mana, being a buyback card- and Trostani wants tools that improve positioning for alpha strikes n' such anyways. Often, you can Evangelize to offset players relying on fatties, and then sacrifice those fatties to Ashnod's Altar or Evolutionary Leap or Greater Good for additional value.

Other, similar options would be Rubinia Soulsinger, Sen Triplets, and Elenda, the Dusk Rose

On the token avenue, here's a pet card of mine (make me proud)- Martial Coup

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-15 7:04 am 

Mr Degradation wrote:
On the token avenue, here's a pet card of mine (make me proud)- Martial Coup

I would have to go with Tajic, Blade of the Legion. The ability to clear the board and still able to trigger battalion next turn is pretty sweet. Soldier tribal optional.

On the jankier hand, I love this card in my Ojutai, Soul of Winter deck. Each opponent plays one or maybe two more creatures after the wrath, then I drop out Arcane Adaptation and Ojutai, to freeze them all.

Next card: Lord of Shatterskull Pass

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-15 3:48 pm 

I mean... Neheb, the Eternal fits just a bit too well with it. Neheb creates mana for it, it kills off blockers for Neheb, and they're both minotaurs to boot. My next choice would probably be any partner combination that includes Bruse Tarl, probably either him solo or with Tana.

Masticore

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-18 2:32 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

Masticore was in my Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant deck where I had vast amounts of mana to pour into it. I feel like Masticore has aged badly as time has gone on, but, any big mana deck is going to be able to use it. There's obviously the 'gain deathtouch' route with Basilisk Collar or while attacking with something like Bow of Nylea or Ankle Shanker, but I wouldn't want to run it without it having serious synergy with my commander.

I want to say that it fits best in Karametra, God of Harvests, as it's a creature (that will ramp!) and Karametra is well known for generating silly amounts of mana.

Flayer of the Hatebound

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-20 10:13 am 

Sinis wrote:
Uktabi_Kong wrote:

Masticore was in my Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant deck where I had vast amounts of mana to pour into it. I feel like Masticore has aged badly as time has gone on, but, any big mana deck is going to be able to use it. There's obviously the 'gain deathtouch' route with Basilisk Collar or while attacking with something like Bow of Nylea or Ankle Shanker, but I wouldn't want to run it without it having serious synergy with my commander.

I want to say that it fits best in Karametra, God of Harvests, as it's a creature (that will ramp!) and Karametra is well known for generating silly amounts of mana.

Flayer of the Hatebound

Wort, Boggart Auntie with Patriarch's Bidding and Mogg Infestation. Nothing confuses a table like targeting yourself with infestation.

Soldier of Fortune

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-21 3:11 am 

kirkusjones wrote:

Would make a nice addition to an Ulasht, the Hate Seed deck with Vizier of the Menagerie, Courser of Kruphix, and Oracle of Mul Daya (or any other Green flavor of Future Sight.) Could also do some dank filtering for Feldon of the Third Path rocking easy-to-recur filtration like Conch Horn (I hear building Brainstorms is pretty powerful- and the getting to choose when to filter Brainstorms is pretty next level)

Unbender Tine is a card I can't get to do much, even inside of decks that seem obvious like Hanna or Ojutai. Any saucy ideas?

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-21 9:08 am 

Mr Degradation wrote:
Unbender Tine is a card I can't get to do much, even inside of decks that seem obvious like Hanna or Ojutai. Any saucy ideas?

It's not all that saucy, but I think the best home for this card is unquestionably Merieke Ri Berit. Sydri, Galvanic Genius might be interesting since you could then equip the Unbender Tine with Umbral Mantle, but that seems more janky than saucy.

How about Tree of Redemption?

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-27 2:24 am 

Coco wrote:

This one really stalled us out!

I want to say some kind of 'lifegain' deck, where you tap Tree to go down to 13, and then tap it again to go up to 40; when you gain 27, you can punish people with a few different card effects. Cradle of Vitality, Sanguine Bond and Defiant Bloodlord, that kind of thing. There's lots of ways to tap the tree twice in the same turn, but I think that is going too far down a rabbit hole, and tree will probably be another piece in a much larger puzzle.

Rock colours are my first choice; I want to say Ikra Shidiqui, the Usurpur paired with Ravos, Soultender.

Next up: Moonveil Dragon.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next