Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Dec-12 9:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2018-Dec-03 4:09 pm 

Gath Immortal wrote:
The depressing answer to this one is clearly scarab god, preferably with throne of the god pharoah in play.

If you're going to answer, you need to provide the next card.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 3:53 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Gath Immortal wrote:
The depressing answer to this one is clearly scarab god, preferably with throne of the god pharoah in play.

If you're going to answer, you need to provide the next card.

Screw it - he's probably not coming back, picking it myself;

Goatnapper.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 1:33 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:

Only thing I can see this in is Yasova Dragonclaw Steal n' Sac. You would need to add things like Blades of Velis Vel, Artificial Evolution or Amoeboid Changeling. It is a lot of hoops to jump throught just to get a Threaten with a 2/2 attached to it.

Have we already talked about Humble Defector?

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 6:24 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:

Don't know, but I guess is good with Zedruu the Greathearted if you can talk to one opponnt to switch each turn is great, if he betrays you then, you get an extra card at least

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 6:31 am 

alexev wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:

Don't know, but I guess is good with Zedruu the Greathearted if you can talk to one opponnt to switch each turn is great, if he betrays you then, you get an extra card at least

You need to provide the next card please.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 6:41 am 

The next card is

Wild mongrel is one of my favourite cards because he was the "hero" of my first extended deck UG Madness

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-07 12:50 am 

alexev wrote:
The next card is

Wild mongrel is one of my favourite cards because he was the "hero" of my first extended deck UG Madness

Use him with The Gitrog Monster.

I was looking at the possible commander options plus how he actually gets used, and it turns out he's sorta popular with Gitrog decks. Thinking about why, it turns into this: he's one of only a few creatures in Golgari colors (beside Noose Constrictor and Skirge Familiar) that let you discard indefinitely for free and do something useful and stackable as a result.

If you have Gitrog out then when you discard a land card, you draw two new cards. If one or both of them are lands, you can discard those too, drawing 2-4 new cards, repeat. This can let you dump some excess lands, make your hound suddenly quite large for removal and/or player damage, and give you some sudden card draw and filtering reminiscent of Skullclamp.

Majestic Myriarch

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-07 3:11 am 

My first thought would be Atraxa keyword soup, although in the end I'm going to have to pick Bruse Tarl/Tana, as the pair of them gives the only really relevant keywords, tends to have a lot of creatures out, and IIRC Tana's first strike combat trigger should make the Myriarch bigger during its second swing.

Just bought one, so wondering the best deck for our Standard-wrecking friend Carnage Tyrant.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-10 1:11 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
Just bought one, so wondering the best deck for our Standard-wrecking friend Carnage Tyrant.

Big generic beater is big and generic. Selvala, Heart of the Wild likes big beasts, but, it doesn't have an aberrantly favourable power to mana cost that the deck is usually interested in.

The easy answer is Xenagos, God of Revels. A different answer is Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle. Why Arixmethes? Because this Arixmethes curves into this guy without the need for a fifth land, and Carnage Tyrant admits few answers while you're waking up Arixmethes.

How about Midnight Oil?

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 6:50 am 

Sinis wrote:

How about Midnight Oil?

I have two candidates for this one but the main is this

Atraxa, praetors voice in a build full proliferate, wth cards like Contagion clasp and his big brother Contagion engine and also use Reliquary tower (but playing it after the oil to override the effect)

If you cannot abuse the draw then is not worth it unless you can give it to other player (I have suggested a comander for that), thats why I think a full prolif atraxa is the best

The next card is War tax

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 10:03 am 

alexev wrote:
The next card is War tax
An awkward version of Propaganda. It's easily the fourth best version of the effect on an enchantment I can come up with off the top of my head (granted, most other Ghostly Prison effects I can think of are white). So really, the question is in what deck do you want more copies of Propaganda so badly that you're willing to burn 3 mana per opponent per turn cycle to get it?

Well... The first thing to clarify is that it's not quite that bad. In any given turn cycle, you can usually expect to be getting attacked by a single player. If you can predict where attacks come from, you can use War Tax efficiently. Though every wrong prediction will cost you life or mana. You could also reduce the overall opportunity cost by running cards like Seedborn Muse and Alchemist's Refuge.

If you want to play the pillowfortiest of pillowfort decks, then:
A: I hope you realise hiding is a sign of weakness and taxes don't make effective shields.
B: I'm prioritizing your head enough to make up for the discouragement the rest of the table feels twicefold.
C: Arcades, the Strategist likes to put up lots of actual walls so he would fit the style.
D: Tuvasa the Sunlit might work a little better for you, since Tuvasa synergizes with all these better enchantments you're playing to justify War Tax' inclusion.
E: Regardless of commander, you probably want to be Bant for maximum pillowfortage and green to give you the mana for War Tax.

I tire of this talk of not attacking. How about Skin Invasion//Skin Shedder?

Maelstrom Wanderer - Judge's headache.
Yasova Dragonclaw - Yasova Tinyclaw/Slightly-less-tinyclaw
Kruphix, God of Horizons - That Which Was Taken by Kruphix
Selvala, Explorer Returned - Blackless dredge
Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - Monogreen Superfriends
The Mimeoplasm - Going big
Pharika, God of Affliction - Hemlock

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-12 5:45 pm 

Ski Gloves wrote:
I tire of this talk of not attacking. How about Skin Invasion//Skin Shedder?

Dorky removal is dorky. Still, I have a soft spot for this card, and had plans to include it in my Innistrad-themed cube (which is a defunct project, but still).

My bet would be O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami. You want to be attacked. You want it so bad, you might play this card, and eventually get a 3/4 in the bargain.

Have we talked about Nissa, Steward of Elements?

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21