Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-22 10:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2019-Aug-01 11:54 am 

Coco wrote:
Sinis wrote:

I think it would be cool in a deck that runs all the "Commanderstorm" cards (e.g. Genesis Storm), especially since I think that Fury Storm with this spliced on is infinite golems. I think the best commanders for this would be the two 2-mana partners, Akiri and Thrasios which are easy to cast 2 or 3 times each to get some huge commanderstorm numbers.

Interesting (ab)use of how spliced cards were ruled to be copied if the spell they are on is copied. Very nice.

Coco wrote:
Next card: Necropouncer

While I'm not sure this is the best home for Necropouncer, it's the one I would want to try to build. Glissa, the Traitor has a few decks I see all of the time, and this could make a very fun and different build for her. Voltron (in the original sense, back when Mirage debuted*). More specifically, using the artifacts and creatures that "combine" to form larger creatures. Necropouncer and the rest of the living weapon equipment (of course trying to get one germ to carry them all at once), all three Kaldra (e.g. Helm of Kaldra), all of the mirage Chimera (e.g. Tin-Wing Chimera) with Gold-forged Sentinel.

You would effectively have "Gladiator" Voltron in the Kaldra (3 to make 1), "Lion" Voltron (5 to make 1) with Chimera, and almost "Space" Voltron (15 to make 1 - though there aren't quite enough Living Weapons to hit this mark - only 10). In a pinch you could power up Glissa for the more conventional definition of Voltron with that many fun equipment.

* at the Visions pre-release, I did manage to get all four as one 8/8 Flying, First Strike, Trample, Vigilance Chimera in a side game after trading for the Chimera I didn't get in my sealed packs. I still have a 60 card Tribal Legacy deck built around this concept - now with proliferate and Bloodbond March to spice it up.

Next: Lifeline (sorry if this was used earlier)

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-01 12:28 pm 

Treamayne wrote:
Coco wrote:
Sinis wrote:

I think it would be cool in a deck that runs all the "Commanderstorm" cards (e.g. Genesis Storm), especially since I think that Fury Storm with this spliced on is infinite golems. I think the best commanders for this would be the two 2-mana partners, Akiri and Thrasios which are easy to cast 2 or 3 times each to get some huge commanderstorm numbers.

Interesting (ab)use of how spliced cards were ruled to be copied if the spell they are on is copied. Very nice.

Coco wrote:
Next card: Necropouncer

While I'm not sure this is the best home for Necropouncer, it's the one I would want to try to build. Glissa, the Traitor has a few decks I see all of the time, and this could make a very fun and different build for her. Voltron (in the original sense, back when Mirage debuted*). More specifically, using the artifacts and creatures that "combine" to form larger creatures. Necropouncer and the rest of the living weapon equipment (of course trying to get one germ to carry them all at once), all three Kaldra (e.g. Helm of Kaldra), all of the mirage Chimera (e.g. Tin-Wing Chimera) with Gold-forged Sentinel.

You would effectively have "Gladiator" Voltron in the Kaldra (3 to make 1), "Lion" Voltron (5 to make 1) with Chimera, and almost "Space" Voltron (15 to make 1 - though there aren't quite enough Living Weapons to hit this mark - only 10). In a pinch you could power up Glissa for the more conventional definition of Voltron with that many fun equipment.

* at the Visions pre-release, I did manage to get all four as one 8/8 Flying, First Strike, Trample, Vigilance Chimera in a side game after trading for the Chimera I didn't get in my sealed packs. I still have a 60 card Tribal Legacy deck built around this concept - now with proliferate and Bloodbond March to spice it up.

Next: Lifeline (sorry if this was used earlier)

Lifeline definitely goes best with this new card from C19! (Spoiler tag for people who don't want to be spoiled)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-01 11:28 pm 

PrimeTime4Life wrote:
Lifeline definitely goes best with this new card from C19! (Spoiler tag for people who don't want to be spoiled)

A terrible attempt at being edgy or cool

Spamming this garbage doesn't make you edgy or cool. It makes you look even more pathetic. You have posted some decent replys so I know you can do better. I am just disappointed in you.

Lifeline really goes in just about any deck but being able to break the symmatry is where it is at. You either need to be able to snackrifice more than everybody else or be able to kill all the creatures that they have so they don't get to bring it back. I would think that Judith, the Scourge Diva needs some love, and being R/B means you could have lots of ways of killing the creatures to prevent them from getting back whatever dies first. Even if you don't prevent all the rebirths if you can minimize the value others get while maximizing your own value you can ride that to victory.

Edit: How 'bout we go old school? Who can best use Storm Seeker?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2019-Aug-02 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-02 1:15 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Spamming this garbage doesn't make you edgy or cool. It makes you look even more pathetic. You have posted some decent replys so I know you can do better. I am just disappointed in you.

I'm pretty sure we just have a repeat troll at this point.

Last edited by spacemonaut on 2019-Aug-12 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-12 11:35 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
How 'bout we go old school? Who can best use Storm Seeker?

Thankfully this was not Sudden Impact or Runeflare Trap, who prompt the obvious Nekusar, the Mindrazer answers. I applaud your taste!

I think this would be pretty hard to leverage normally; at 4 mana for would could be, on the best of days deal-7, it's not really going to be great for us. Even though it's out of green's colour pie, it shows how overcosted the card is when you think about Runeflare Trap's alternate cost, or the fact that Sword of War and Peace does this on contact repeatedly for one more mana.

I would be tempted to try and build a combo deck in Temur colours, where we – with either an enormous hand or a wide board, or both – play the The Great Aurora so that every player draws a ton of cards, and then, we play cards like Storm Seeker, Cerebral Vortex, Runeflare Trap, and Sudden Impact. Maybe some copy effects, or even Mizzix's Mastery as well? To have a big Aurora for ourselves, we will probably need to leverage instant draw-X spells in blue (Stroke of Genius, Blue Sun's Zenith) as well, or have some way of drawing truly absurd numbers of cards, like Myojin of Seeing Winds.

My commanders of choice for this would be a partner duo; Thrasios, Triton Hero and Kraum, Ludevic's Opus. I choose these ones because Thrasios and Kraum both generate card advantage, which will help us make for big Great Auroras for ourselves, and since Kraum has haste, we can drop Sword of War and Peace and swing with haste (into an empty board, post-Aurora).

Tell me where you'd play Bone Miser (Not Nekusar, please!)

https://scryfall.com/card/c19/15/bone-miser

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-13 1:24 am 

Sinis wrote:

Tell me where you'd play Bone Miser (Not Nekusar, please!)

https://scryfall.com/card/c19/15/bone-miser

I would/will be playing this in my Muldrotha all (but one) permanents deck. Large theme of everyone discards a card during the upkeep like Cunning Lethemancer, Necrogen Mists and Liliana of the veil. Muldrotha keeps your graveyard as a pseudohand, but can be switched to Damia very easily.

Next card
Keldon Twilight

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-14 2:17 am 

TygerClaw wrote:

This is a really quirky card. It's a strong incentive to attack each turn, in some ways even more effective than Curse of the Nightly Hunt and Goblin Diplomats which still allow an opponent with Cryptolith Rite or only creatures with defender (which are getting a small boost in popularity due to Pramikon) to avoid combat entirely. On the other hand, Keldon Twilight only requires that the player attack with at least one creature to avoid any punishment, which happens a lot of the time anyway. Sometimes a standoff arises, usually when two or more players are at low life totals and no creatures have effective evasion, and this can be a game-changer in that situation. Taking that into account, I want Keldon Twilight in a deck that likes to attack with one big creature every turn while leaving back smaller creatures for utility and defense, and/or in a deck which can limit my opponent's evasion (Sudden Spoiling, Will Kenrith, Archetype of Imagination, Gravity Well, Ixidron).

Additionally Keldon Twilight has extremely good synergies with Dawnglare Invoker, Cryptic Command, Boros Battleshaper, Citadel Siege (choosing Dragons), and Verity Circle. It has decent synergies with War's Toll, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, and Propaganda effects (although the one on-color version, Koskun Falls, has some anti-synergy with it as well). It's also good in a deck that makes enough throw-away tokens to not care about the drawback even when I'm not attacking.

The best fit I can think of would be Zurgo Helmsmasher, although Thraximundar, Queen Marchesa, and Greven, Predator Captain are also very solid choices. If you wanted to do something with green you could also consider Thantis, the Warweaver (although its ability is somewhat redundant there) or Vial Smasher the Fierce & Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa.

Where is Sudden Substitution going?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-14 4:23 am 

intreped wrote:

I think this belongs in a deck that can maximize it's puncombo potential. We can play Shimmer Myr to Flash in and then crew Silent Submersible, which we can then suddenly SUBstitute for their noncreature spell. However, we won't stop there.

The main puncombo of the deck involves having Hive Mind and Mycosynth Lattice in play then casting the Reality half of Illusion // Reality. Each opponent will get a copy, which will go on the stack on top of your copy. Holding priority, cast Ceremonious Rejection on the copy of Reality (colorless because of Lattice) controlled by the opponent you want to take the full brunt of the puncombo. Then finally cast Sudden Substitution on your copy of Reality targeting any creature (bonus points for Wirewood Savage), finishing the combo by Rejecting their Reality and Substituting your own.

Let's go with Intet, because this deck is a dream come true.

If anyone would like to provide a serious answer for this card feel free, otherwise the next card is Pristine Skywise.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-14 6:13 am 

Coco wrote:
intreped wrote:

I think this belongs in a deck that can maximize it's puncombo potential. We can play Shimmer Myr to Flash in and then crew Silent Submersible, which we can then suddenly SUBstitute for their noncreature spell. However, we won't stop there.

The main puncombo of the deck involves having Hive Mind and Mycosynth Lattice in play then casting the Reality half of Illusion // Reality. Each opponent will get a copy, which will go on the stack on top of your copy. Holding priority, cast Ceremonious Rejection on the copy of Reality (colorless because of Lattice) controlled by the opponent you want to take the full brunt of the puncombo. Then finally cast Sudden Substitution on your copy of Reality targeting any creature (bonus points for Wirewood Savage), finishing the combo by Rejecting their Reality and Substituting your own.

Let's go with Intet, because this deck is a dream come true.

If anyone would like to provide a serious answer for this card feel free, otherwise the next card is Pristine Skywise.

*slow clap*

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-18 6:28 am 

Coco wrote:
the next card is Pristine Skywise.

First off, I love the creativity with your answer Coco, that was pretty funny.

but... that card really is just a hard-to-kill generic beater, I mean I like dragons, but you could put most any Angel or other large creature and it would be about the same. I guess you could throw it into an Ojutai, Soul of Winter deck, but there aren't that many great dragons in W/U. I mean you have Eternal Dragon, Keiga, the Tide Star, and Yosei, the Morning Star. After that they drop off in quality (and quantity) pretty severly... I mean you are probably glad that you forgot Exalted Dragon even existed, right?Henge Guardian should not have the creature type Dragon, but even with that it is still bad.

[url]https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype=+[%22Dragon%22]&color=+![B]+![R]+![G][/url]

The other option is to go with a spellslinger deck, so maybe you add it to Elsha of the Infinite deck? It will close out a game faster than buffing your Solemn Simulacrum.

So, what deck really wants Wonder?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-19 12:47 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
So, what deck really wants Wonder?

A deck with islands.

I kid, I kid! Wonder is very powerful, and obviously wants to live primarily in a deck with creatures as a primary win condition. What complicates it is getting Wonder into the graveyard, which is often harder than it looks.

That said, there are plenty of options; Prime Speaker Vannifar could turn it into a 5-drop. Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle probably wants to make sea monsters and great beasts fly. Any fish deck helmed by Sygg, River Cutthroat or Sygg, River Guide would want it too.

I would say Varina, Lich Queen wants it the most. She can easily deposit Wonder into the graveyard, and the zombies definitely want to fly. The way the attack trigger works, Wonder will be in the yard before the declare blockers step. The more zombies there are, the more likely it is that they'll be airborne.

Next up: Commander's Insignia. Who wants to cast their commander a lot?!

https://scryfall.com/card/c19/2/commanders-insignia

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-19 3:17 pm 

So, there are four qualities that any commander including this card would want:
1. A cost reduction OR a way to consistently cast it from not the command zone
2. Gets value by being played over and over (triggers on ETB, LTB, dies, cast, etc)
3. Actually cares about P/T in combat
4. Is a partner general

The answer I think here would be Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder and Ravos, Soultender, which adequately does all of the above. So long as you have a way to sack Bruse, you'll be consistently getting him back to your hand on upkeep, and his double strike lifelink trigger will get insanely dangerous with the growing bonus.

How about that new green Leyline of Abundance

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-19 7:41 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
So, there are four qualities that any commander including this card would want:
1. A cost reduction OR a way to consistently cast it from not the command zone
2. Gets value by being played over and over (triggers on ETB, LTB, dies, cast, etc)
3. Actually cares about P/T in combat
4. Is a partner general

The answer I think here would be Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder and Ravos, Soultender, which adequately does all of the above. So long as you have a way to sack Bruse, you'll be consistently getting him back to your hand on upkeep, and his double strike lifelink trigger will get insanely dangerous with the growing bonus.

Commander's Insignia only gives a bonus for casting from the command zone, so using Ravos to recast Bruse wouldn't do anything (except the initial +2/+2 for casting them each once).

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-20 4:27 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

I think this card would be really cool in a Saproling deck, so you could run it alongside Life and Limb. However I think that Nemata and Slimefoot are not the best options since you really want red for haste. I was experimenting with a Rith, build where you play Life and Limb with landfall cards, and this would fit right in.

However, I think Radha, Heir to Keld mana dorks deck is by far the best use of this card, since if you start with this in play and go turn 1 dork, turn 2 Radha & another dork, you have at least 9 mana turn 3. Radha also loves mana sinks that can make use of her attack trigger, so both parts of the Leyline mesh well with the deck.

Next card: Tidal Force

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-21 12:01 pm 

Coco wrote:
Next card: Tidal Force

That costs a lot of mana for what it does. You'd want to have a pretty powerful tap ability available to use several times. Arcanis the Omnipotent could be good, but the commander who gains the most from it is probably Merieke Ri Berit.

Next, how about another weird new card. Does any deck particularly benefit from Aeon Engine?
https://scryfall.com/card/c19/52/aeon-engine

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next