Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-25 8:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2018-Feb-25 1:47 pm 

Easy! Jhoira of the Ghitu

Astral Slide

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Feb-25 2:45 pm 

Karador, Ghost Chieftain: Has most of the best cycling cards, reanimation, and tends to have a pretty strong number of ETB effects to abuse. I'd also accept Sharuum or Ravos/Bruse Tarl. Daxos the Returned also wouldn't be terrible.

Council of the Absolute

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Feb-26 9:39 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

This one is hard since it can't name creatures. I would probably go with Brago, King Eternal. Brago can make it do pretty decent Frontier Siege impression, and you can also play cards like Vendilion Clique in the deck to get information.

Driven//Despair

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Feb-27 11:07 am 

Coco wrote:
Uktabi_Kong wrote:

This one is hard since it can't name creatures. I would probably go with Brago, King Eternal. Brago can make it do pretty decent Frontier Siege impression, and you can also play cards like Vendilion Clique in the deck to get information.

That's a great suggestion. I was thinking The Grand Calcutron but couldn't think of a black-bordered commander. TGC lets you see everyone's hands, so you can just pick the card you don't want to see yet. :lol:

Coco wrote:
Driven//Despair

Man... 4 mana to give everything you've got menace, trample, and get a lot of assured card draw *and* discarding. I adore Driven//Despair. It does well in any deck that cards about having at least a handful of creatures attacking. (It even does well in wide decks because enemies can block even less of your weenies, and you get that much more card draw; but since you're a green wide deck there's chances you'll have effects like Beastmaster Ascension online.)

The commanders that stand out to me are...
Saskia the Unyielding because you're playing an aggressive deck with multiple creatures that cares about hitting face.
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant because you'll have a bunch of zombies out and some zombie lords. An army of 3/3 or 4/4 (or bigger) zombies with menace and trample can be a game-ender.
The Mimeoplasm because you're playing a deck centered around many big creatures.
Karador, the Ghost Chieftain because all your spells are creatures and you keep getting them back.

Armies of saprolings (Ghave, Guru of Spores), Elves (Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, Rhys the Exiled) or snakes (Pharika, God of Affliction, Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons) also come to mind but aren't at the top of the list.

For this I'm going to have to pick Sidisi and Saskia as tied best commanders for fitting this card into; they both have equally compelling strong claim to it.

(Aside, I'm considering sticking that into a Chaos-colored revision of my dragon deck now, which is going to be powered by Vial Smasher the Fierce and Thrasios, Triton Hero.)

~~

Torrent Elemental

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Feb-27 2:08 pm 

Without question The Mimeoplasm. You can easily give yourself what is essentially an 11+ power unblockable general, and if you ever want him back from exile you can just get him.

Dismiss into Dream

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Feb-27 2:22 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

Oooh nice one.

I'd consider a Cephalid Aboshan, or Experiment Kraj or maybe Derevi or Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind for a slightly different take on 'those' decks

But in the end I'd go for either Tibor and Lumia or Alexi, Alexi in particular would make an excellent control deck with Dismiss.

My card is Keep Watch

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-03 5:21 am 

Viperion wrote:
My card is Keep Watch

I wanna say any deck that goes wide. My guess is some brew involving Tishana, Voice of Thunder, because Tishana can get super huge. Get some unblockable or trample, and it's game over.

Mechanized Production (not Breya, plz).

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-04 2:49 pm 

I don't want to name the same general twice, but this card is a baller in my Thada Adel deck. You can easily get 4+ Sol Rings in play before casting the enchantment. But if I have to name someone else, probably either Riku for being able to double the rate or Padeem for protection.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-04 9:08 pm 

Quote:
Mechanized Production

Sen Triplets. They run lots of artifacts and they run Paradox Haze and Strionic Resonator for doubling Triggered abilities.

Next card: Neverending Torment

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-07 2:29 pm 

MMLgamer wrote:

A favourite of mine. I wrote an article about it once.

It's a great wincon to any prison deck that has black in it. I think Kuon, Ogre Ascendant would be great (clearly), as well as Zur the Enchanter prison. Alternatively, some kind of mass-draw or hand-glut combo with a no-maximum-hand-size mechanic, would work where it only takes an upkeep or two to draw a player out. For that, I'd be tempted to play Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix/Silas Renn or Tasigur, the Golden Fang, so you can play with things like Praetor's Counsel and draw-X spells.

My final answer would probably be Tasigur.

Next up: Null Profusion

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-08 7:14 am 

Sinis wrote:
Next up: Null Profusion

I would go with one of the spellslinger generals that plays out of the graveyard: Dralnu, Lich Lord, Kess, Dissident Mage, or Toshiro Umezawa. I think Toshiro is my favorite of those three.

Mastery of the Unseen

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-08 9:01 am 

I'd just like to thank whoever it was that suggested Driven/Despair, because my Jund deck now has a new favorite toy.

Coco wrote:

Chorus of the Conclave. GW gives you the mana you'll need to use the second ability of Mastery, and you can abuse the fact that Morphs are cast for 3 with your general to make some stupidly big creatures. Hi ho, Hooded Hydra! Awaaaaaay!

*ahem*

Call the Bloodline. Go.

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-08 4:10 pm 

Meren of Clan Nel Toth, without question. A very far second would be Lyzolda,
Blood Witch
. Both of whom are good reanimators who can actually use the little pipsqueak and don't necessarily mind him appearing once per turn. Elandra also isn't terrible with it either.

Duskmantle Seer

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-09 12:31 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

The first thing I thought of was Nekuzar, the Mindrazer, but I also like this card in Taigam, Sidisi's Hand as long as you include plenty of "players can't draw cards" effects.

Next card: Aether Vial

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-09 8:35 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
Next card: Aether Vial

I would go with Kami of the Crescent Moon.
You can run symmetrical bounce like Aether Tradewinds, Curfew, and Peel from Reality to bounce it on your turn, and then put it back into play with Aether Vial before your draw step so only you draw. Or if you are feeling political, you can only let players who help you draw.
It also can let you play some other tricksy two drops like Spellskite and Gilded Drake out of nowhere.

The next card is Soulblade Djinn.

Also, RE:
Swmystery wrote:
I'd just like to thank whoever it was that suggested Driven/Despair, because my Jund deck now has a new favorite toy.

You're welcome! I can never seem to get it to work for me, which is why I suggested it.
Swmystery wrote:
Chorus of the Conclave. GW gives you the mana you'll need to use the second ability of Mastery, and you can abuse the fact that Morphs are cast for 3 with your general to make some stupidly big creatures. Hi ho, Hooded Hydra! Awaaaaaay!

This is a great idea, but I think it would physically hurt me to play a morph deck without blue. XD

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next