[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Forum Game: I Need A Hero!

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 12:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2018-Mar-27 3:54 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-27 6:21 am 

I think we're moving a bit away from weak/niche cards, especially with Repercussion. That said...

There are four generals that I think fit the bill for it. The first one is who synergizes well with it and almost nothing else. After that is , who's much like Ryusei but an actually ok general. Coming up in a close second is , who by the way is the correct answer for Moonveil Dragon and like 80% of good red cards that have ever been printed. Other honorable mentions include both forms of Niv-Mizzet, Nin, and newer Rakdos.

But, the actual general I'll have to submit is . My now taps for 2 damage to a creature and 4 to a player, while I almost don't even feel the downside of Repercussion.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-28 11:43 am 

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-28 12:10 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Mar-31 11:01 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-05 6:12 am 

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-05 7:41 am 

This is a hard one. Phyrexian Etchings is good in a deck with 5 things, in decreasing order of importance:

1. Proliferation
2. A large amount of black mana
3. Life gain
4. A way to recur it
5. A lack of card draw.

There are a ton of candidates that fulfill one or two of these really well, but not all of them. Some that I had thought of were Atraxa, Ghave, Karlov, Hapatra, BW Daxos, Meren, Skullbriar, and all three Ob Nixilis's. But the winner for me will have to be .

Kind of a cheat, but my card will be each individual member of the .

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-05 2:07 pm 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-06 2:08 am 

I actually run Trade Routes in my deck, so I have to advertise that beautiful interaction here. It's honestly one of the best cards in the deck, since I've got a huge landfall theme and all of my nonbasics are either Temples or the cycle, as well as a bunch of effects.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-08 12:35 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-09 12:50 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-09 9:52 pm 

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-11 7:08 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-12 10:57 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-15 3:20 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next