[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Muldrotha Spirit Tribal

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 7:23 am

Post subject: Muldrotha Spirit Tribal
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-24 1:45 pm 

I've been thinking about doing a Muldrotha deck, and it occurred to me after seeing the Soulshift ability that maybe I could try doing Spirit tribal. Maybe not heavily utilizing the Soulshift ability necessarily.

I know I could concentrate the deck on performing the + and/or combination. My only concern is how slow it is, plus having a deep vulnerability to graveyard hate (maybe I can't avoid that regardless though, considering Muldrotha's giant target-like body).

The Kirin plus zubera creatures could lead me to more of a control path. Maybe a better option than relying too heavily on a combo?

What do you all think? I don't have enough experience with Muldrotha or Spirit tribal.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Muldrotha Spirit Tribal
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-25 8:44 pm 

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-26 12:04 am 

I already have an Elemental tribal deck with Horde of Notions, and I like it enough that I won't be getting rid of it. I wasn't necessarily wanting to go all-in on Soulshift, just explaining where my thoughts stemmed from. There seems to be a decent number of Spirits that interact with the graveyard or sac abilities.

I may hold onto the possibility of Death Aspect combo, but maybe I should use it like a repeatable Buried Alive, where I toolbox the cards best for the scenarios I may end up facing.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-26 4:18 pm 

As someone who has Kamigawa Spirit Arcane tribal deck, I can admit the deck is super fun to play.

It's SUPER mana hungry though so Green is a must. I run Animar as the commander for my deck. Blue gives you access to some real good spirits. Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar, Ethereal Usher and Drift of Phantasms are extremely good for what you're wanting to accomplish. Especially with the Soulshift mechanic to get back the Transmute cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-26 11:38 pm 

Mana hungry, no joke. Everything really good is 6 CMC or higher, generally speaking. All three of those are ones I'm looking at adding to the deck, so I'm happy to hear I've made at least some good choices. Haha

I've also come to realize Deadeye Navigator is a spirit, so I'm considering finding a spot for it. I think this will be the only deck I run the card in.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-27 3:15 pm 

If you go the Kamigawa block route, it's important to realize that VERY little of those spirits are ETB triggers, so DEN isn't quite the slam dunk one would think. Some of the Onna are good for it. In Muldrotha colors, there's some good self mill options.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-27 11:41 pm 

I think the main point in deciding to add Deadeye would be to allow me to reset Muldrotha and cast another set of things from my graveyard.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 11:21 am 

I posted a decklist over in the Decklist forum and will probably continue discussion over there, if there's any to be had.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 3:34 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 10:41 pm 

I'd like to take credit for causing somebody to throw up, but alas I'm not clever enough to come up with it on my own. I've seen it included in competitive EDH lists.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-02 1:48 pm 

Having played against you in Atlanta in the past, I thought the Muldrotha play was absolutely something you could pull off.

I've now began looking at a making a WUBG list that can run both Muldrotha and Karador in the lists.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-02 2:01 pm 

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-02 3:36 pm 

I'm thinking of a Thrasios + Ravos shell, with Hermit Druid / Reanimator shenanigans. Possibly running the Memory's Journey and Pull from Eternity engine.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-07 10:25 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-08 8:57 pm 

Offline Profile