Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-18 12:32 am

Post subject: The Nephilim?
AgePosted: 2011-Jan-27 11:28 am 

Due to the fact that there are no 4 coloured generals, my play group has decided to include the Nephilim from Guildpact as acceptable generals. They are legendary for the purposes of being a commander.
these guys, incase you were wondering...
Dune-Brood Nephilim
Glint-Eye Nephilim
Ink-Treader Nephilim
Witch-Maw Nephilim
Yore-Tiller Nephilim

Thoughts?

Currently Playing:
Horobi the reanimator
Jenara the proliferator
Intet the... dreamor
and
Fear the Myr! *5 colour annoying Deck of doom

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Nephilim?
AgePosted: 2011-Jan-27 9:01 pm 

There was a thread here about that already. If I wasn't at work I might even have time to search for it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-27 9:38 pm 

Our group let them before.
They are a lot of fun, but the novelty will wear off after a while.
Ink-Treader is SO much fun :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-28 10:45 am 

That thread is located here. The majority of the folks were against allowing them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-28 2:34 pm 

053590 wrote:
They are legendary for the purposes of being a commander.

That's how I would do it, too: not change the rules to allow non-legendary creatures, just change the card to make it a legendary creature. So it can still be legend-ruled out by a Clone, or tutored up by Captain Sisay if it somehow gets Condemned. One strange thing about this is that if someone else happens to be playing a Nephilim in their deck, I would want the card errata to be consistent, so that Nephilim would be legendary as well.

And yeah, until WotC actually does print 4-color legends, I think allowing Nephilim as a Commander in your playgroup is a good idea.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Apr-07 3:14 pm 

i had an idea on this subject. If it seems that the issue is how do u adjust the wording to allow for them, then how about this:
When the game first started out, it was only elder dragons. Then that was broadened to include legendary creatures so that people could have more diverse decks. What about this:
If a creature is 4 or more colors, he qualifies as a general. Plain and simple, no wording about nephilim or creatures with changeling. that would encompass all the nephilim as well as the only 2 creatures that are 5 color, but, not legendary: fusion elemental and maelstrom archangel.
So, instead of a bunch of cards that people could try to sneak in b/c of changeling, u only have 2 that u don't want. Those 2 creatures don't bring anything new or more abusive then some of the legends do. But, if u really wanted to, all u would have to do is put them in the braids and rofellos pile and say u can have them in your deck, but, not as your general.
If the only issue about the nephilim were how to incorporate them as legends and not cause confusion or trickery with changelings, this fixes that and the extra sentence about the other 2 fixes that loophole, if anyone would even care about them. What do u guys think? It hit me while i was sleeping.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Nov-20 5:46 pm 

I like the idea of a lieutenant, but I agree that it shouldn't be any colors your general isn't. And I also agree that it should only be castable once your general is on the battlefield. However, I feel like the lieutenant would probably be abused, even if it didn't return to your command zone. There are a few mono color legends that would be degenerate in a deck with other colors, and this would enable them.

Offline Profile