Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-16 9:48 pm

Post subject: Starting Edh Playgroup in Des Moines, IA
AgePosted: 2016-Oct-07 4:52 am 

I am starting a regularly meeting EDH play group in Des Moines, IA, and I am looking for fun-oriented, spell-slingers to battle with myself and others. Unfortunately I've tried going to my LGS and their support of the Elderiest of Formats is not what I'd hoped it be. Therefore, I'm hoping to do to better. Where: The plan is to meet at Mayhem Comics in Des Moines on the game (date and time to be determined by those who respond) after 5:00 p.m. cst in their game room and play. I'll send out an email inviting all those who respond to the game once I have enough players. Format: EDH/Commander - Decks that observe the currently accepted Ban list - We will be using the Vancouver mulligan rule. - There are no house rules. A note about deck building and the type of play I would like to encourage: -Given that I'd like all players of all budgets and ability levels to be welcome, decks should be only moderately competitive, which means the following: - Turn 7 or greater format: decks should consistently be able win the game on or preferably after the 7th turn. - Decks can break the T-7 rule but only inconsistently - Also if you do bring a deck that violates the T-7 rule, that's cool, but don't be offended if you get targeted in your next game, assuming you play the same deck. - The emphasis for each game is fun for every player. While it isn't banned, try to avoid building decks that discourage fun, or, alternatively, get good at playing impromptu archenemy. Short-Term Goals of the group: - Having fun while meeting new people who enjoy playing EDH. - Having a semi-monthly, regularly meeting EDH group (i.e. we meet 2x a month to play and always have enough players to do so). Long-Term Goals: Prize supported EDH league How to Join: Respond here in the comments section, ideally with an email address so I can include you, and preferred playtime! Additionally, if you have any questions about the group.

Hope to see you all on the cardboard battlefield!

Edit 1: Inaugural meeting scheduled on Monday October 17th at 6:00p.m. cst. We will meet and play in the Mayhem play room. We definitely have room for more folks so if you are interested in joining, please respond here.

Edit 1: check out and join the Facebook group if you are interested upcoming events. Des Moines Edh/Commander players

Offline Profile