Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-24 1:12 am

Post subject: I'm looking to start an EDH playgroup/Game night Norfolk, VA
AgePosted: 2017-Jan-10 5:43 am 

Hello all,
Introductions first, my name is Bradley. I have decided to try and start my own play group for magic the gathering (commander,) since I personally find there to be a lack of interest in this format at the local card shop. While doing this, I figured why not make it a general game night every other week?
In other words, one week magic, the next week Monopoly, Mortal Kombat, or just whatever strikes our fancy. Then another night of Magic the following week.
Lets begin with a little about me. I live in a local apartment located about ten minutes from Oceanview park. I am an avid male gamer married to ANOTHER avid MALE gamer. I don't intend to fly flags and throw glitter about it, but am a firm believer in being comfortable in my own home, as well as being accommodating to my guests, so if this would be a relevant issue for you, I figured I'd give the heads up now instead of later.
Now that the elephant in the room has been addressed, I'd like to express what exactly we are expecting from a playgroup. The two of us are fairly new to the format, and prefer a relaxed game. That being said, neither of us are opposed to a game and challenges that force us to improve our own game and skills, so don't be shy to reply if you're a bit more competitive. This being said, a top 8 net deck may be happier in another group, do feel free to give us a shout until you find that.
To be very specific on the EDH end of things, I would like games to last under an hour, but not decided on turns four and five. The reason for wanting games to go for less than an hour is so more than one game may be played. I'd hate to have company over that is beaten by turn eight and forced to sit on their hands for an hour.
Now let's get down to the fine print. Some of this I wouldn't generally feel needed to be said, but I am posting this on the internet, so...
1)In this apartment we follow the law. (self explanatory.)
2)Minors. (We'd rather not, I wont be carding at the door, but I ask everyone participating to be 18 or over)
3)Alcohol. (This will not be available until everyone starts to ward strangers, as well as over 21, I will be more than happy to change my stance on a dry game.
4)This is a platonic event. My home is not a hookup joint.
5)Respect.

Should this be of interest to you, please feel free to send me a message, I typically reply back in a reasonable amount of time.
Regards.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I'm looking to start an EDH playgroup/Game night Norfolk, VA
AgePosted: 2017-Jan-10 11:19 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

If you don't know, the format really came to being while I was living in Suffolk. It's well known that I brought it from Alaska, but it was that spring/summer of 2004 that really got things rolling. I've linked your message to some folks I still know in the area to see if anyone is interested.

Offline Profile