[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Bad Dreams Come True (Intet The Dreamer)

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 2:56 pm

Post subject: Re: Bad Dreams Come True (Intet The Dreamer)
AgePosted: 2011-Dec-05 7:16 am 

Intet, the Dreamer RUG Manaramp a.k.a. the Lucid Dreamer

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls RWB Sneaky Blinks a.k.a. oops, I accidentally put an infinite combo in my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Dec-06 12:20 pm 

Orcish Librarian is great for Intet! I started playing it a while ago once I acquired a foil timeshifted version (sad, I never considered it before I got it foiled) and i havent been disappointed. Dont worry about the random effect. You have a 100 card deck full of goodies. If you lose 4 random ones, you'll have 4 left to manipulate repeatedly. Plus the art rocks!

Visit my web page to view my altered art cards at Grim Alterations.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Dec-11 7:21 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-14 10:12 am 

Been quite a while. Made a few changes, but I didn't play much earlier this year, and the boards were down for much of the rest.

These are the most recent changes from the this week; I might have missed some in the interim (, , , etc).

OUT

IN

First, to explain the reason for the changes. My meta is pretty tuck-happy, so if Intet gets sent away, all the top-of-library manipulation become dead draws. Also, this meant the deck was 1/6s missle and only 5/6s payload so I would just run out of threats before my opponents. Also, I just plain need more creatures. More creatures has the added benefit of more for Nin and the tracker to target.

As far as these changes: is the first Eldrazi to make it in the deck, and is rarely negative card advantage. is super unfair and super awesome. will give me more creature destruction, which I am always short on. will be replaced by once I get my hands on one, but it will do for now. should help at direct some rage away from me, or at least it will eat a removal spell instead of someone more valuable. finally replaces , mostly for a chump blocker for the 3/3s I keep giving away with other spells and for someone to target with . is another way to steal people's stuff, so it fits well, despite the fact that I imagine people will smash him to pieces. replaces and is overall much better with some added utility. has been long missing, and replaces the , because long-term stealing is better in many cases, though I will miss the instant speed. is probably an auto-include for any EDH deck that wants creatures to get through. is just a functional reprint of , and I see no problem with having two, though I am wondering if I have too many come-into-play-tapped lands. is at best some cheap, repeatable removal, and is at worst a very cheap blocker or a Nin target. is okay on its own, but with the moderate number of dragons already in this deck, it could get some serious mileage quite quickly.

This adds a lot more points of power in creatures as well as 6 new spot removal outlets (if you include the steals) and some extra passive defense. My concerns are the high number of spells requiring double or triple blue, the come-into-play-tapped lands, and lacking enough sweepers (only 4 honest-to-goodness sweepers).

This deck was already pretty decent, but I expect these changes to improve performance overall.
10/14/2012 Decklist:

Commander:

Creatures:

Sorceries:

Instants:

Artifacts:

Enchantments:

Planeswalkers:

Lands:

x3
x3
x3

Last edited by Magnetic North on 2012-Oct-28 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-19 11:01 pm 

Well hello there again, welcome back :D .

I feel Intet kind of bowed out of EDH after Riku came out... Then Maelstrom Wanderer shut the door on her. Only a few faithful remain (me included). GO DRAGON GIRL! Kudos to you for being faithful too!

Have not made many changes to my deck in the past year or so, did not really feel any need to. Still very good at pressuring a table of 3-4 players, a complete monster in 2HG... The only change I have made was going in after the banning of Primeval Titan. I also put in Rogue's Passage, can't be bad with Intet I think...

So I see you have pulled out some ramp, manipulation and general utility cards for some strong defensive cards. Have you been having trouble with any specific strategy?

You mention missing sweepers. I second the inclusion of , that card is nuts. Blue has received much love lately in regards to sweepers. Even stronger than the tide: . Yes, it really is an instant. It does not screw up your board position. You can play it for only 2 mana in emergency situations. What more is there to ask?

I know I said this before and I am going to repeat myself - where is ? You do not seem to be playing that many permanents in the first place and some of them you might actually like having back in your hand. To name a few: , , , , etc...

Also, including with that Nin / Chemister just makes me chuckle.

Last thing - any reason for cutting the ? That card usually leads to some epic moments with big laughs and high fives, won me a few games too.

Intet, the Dreamer RUG Manaramp a.k.a. the Lucid Dreamer

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls RWB Sneaky Blinks a.k.a. oops, I accidentally put an infinite combo in my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-20 5:22 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Feb-16 5:35 am 

Minor pre-Gatecrash changes:

OUT
OUT

IN
IN

Nothing terribly surprising here. These two cards are just amazing.

Possible Gatecrash additions:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-26 11:16 am 

Post-Con Season Decklist Update:

OUT

Some of these cuts were harder than others. Most them are good but just aren't good enough, like and . Others, like , are great but I just had to cut somewhere. was only cut because and are going in and produce more. is a tough cut but he just doesn't close it out like you'd figure. I nearly put back in the deck (which works great with all things Darksteel), but it's just no fun, but even so it will probably replace the first thing that fails to pull its weight below. was the hardest cut because I really want two briberies to punish people who play , but a lot of the time, it's just getting me a or Dynamo or an equipment. Not bad, but the weakest of the steals ( has actually never resolved so I am hesitant to cut it sight unseen.) The Vivids actually came out a while ago, as I was given the sac lands as a Christmas gift, which was awesome. Not sure if I want to cut the two other common sac lands, but I'm leaving them for now.

IN

is a probationary member and barely made the cut, but I have high hopes for it. is something I hope will be occasionally useful in an emergency, and should let me dump expensive stuff early if needed. fits the thievery theme of the deck, and might be pretty good to grab opponent's already used sweepers as needed, if nothing else. is long overdue, mostly because I am a lazy cheapskate, but its return in M13 made it available to me. also has the potential to be amazing; sure, it's 10 and doesn't win the game for you, but it allows me to play everything else that will win me the game. is not as good as , but the price (as in money) is right, and it's still cheap enough (as in mana) that it could surprise someone. breaks my rule for "No X cards" so they don't miss on Intet, but that is such a tiny minority, it's worth the risk. was also overdue, and with the myriad of new expensive cards in this deck, the mana is going to be necessary. is more proactive than , which I love, but I really need another multi-turn card, and I am not sold on . is something I've wanted to use for a while to help me grab lands that tap for 2 or the (which has never once come up yet, sadly). is a slightly more versatile but less powerful version of that I think will be very good. really needs no introduction.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'd say this setup is more powerful, but is is certainly looks more explosive.

Decklist as of 5/16/2013:

Commander:

Creatures (16)

Sorceries (18)

Instants (14)

Artifacts (9)

Enchantments (3)

Planeswalkers (2)

Lands (37)

x3
x3
x2

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-02 8:48 am 

Made very minor changes, but I didn't keep it updated over the months, so here's the whole thing again:

Decklist as of 9/2/2013:

Commander:

Creatures (16)

Sorceries (18)

Instants (14)

Artifacts (9)

Enchantments (3)

Planeswalkers (2)

Lands (37)

x3
x3
x2

Things I might add:

(It's nice, but do I really need more janky spot removal?)

(Pretty good with .)
(My card draw in this deck is weak at times. Gotta shore it up somehow.)
(Even better with .)
(Sure, why not.)

(Play it before it gets banned!)
(Totally overlooked this card.)

And things from Theros:
(So good)
(Perfect for this deck, better and cheaper than Rouge's Passage after one use, can get there with and and to fuel the devotion if needed.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-12 1:15 pm 

Well, I just spent last Sunday playing EDH, and I got blanked. We played 10 games and I won 0. Now, some of it was bad luck (ing a commander into when my opponent has an in hand), but other times my deck was just running out of gas. So I decided it needed a bit of a serious tune-up.

OUT

IN

Some of these cuts are tough to make. I really want and in there because I like them, but the deck needs more reliable stuff. Overall, it needs more payload and less missile. I've never seen anyone use the Towers before, but I have always wanted to give them a shot. I imagine will be better in situations of than , and only has to activate once to be worth it. is a bit less mana efficient than , but it can chaff and improve it's efficiency that way, and it didn't show up much last time I tried it, so I'm giving it another go. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Also, I was curious how much this deck has changed over the years. 29 of the non-land cards remain from the 2011 decklist. Not sure what that means, but it's interesting.

9/12/13

Commander:

Creatures (13)

Sorceries (19)

Instant (16)

Artifact (10)

Enchantments (3)

Planeswalkers (2)

Lands (37)

x3
x3
x2

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-09 1:55 pm 

Very minor change.

OUT

IN

I was thinking of cutting , then it won be a game singlehandedly, so I decided I might try and increase the dragon count in the deck. I want to increase the creature count anyway, and so long as the dragons are good enough themselves, it's fine. I'm thinking maybe , , , or . The first two are cheap or I have them already, and I don't think know the improvement is worth the cash investment for the other two.

I should find space for & . I need more sweepers and I don't need to worry about hitting X spells for free as much anymore since now I play my opponent's stuff for free more than my own.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Dec-23 7:50 am 

Haven't been able to play much as of late, and I've been putting off a tune-up for a while.

OUT

IN

I added many X spells that I'd been considering for a while. I originally didn't have any X spells because they interact poorly with , but I always have so much mana available and the air is rarely open to use Intet's ability anyway, if it whiffs, it's no big deal. was cut for two dragons for better interaction with and . lost so much power now that it's not commander kill anymore, so I had to replace it with spells that destroy my opponent's things instead. is close to getting cut too. I still like the towers, but cuts had to be made somewhere. is fun and destroys indestructible creatures, but so do a few other things, and will be better in almost all situations. Similarly, is just rarely the big help you might think it would be. is fine but it's hard to justify the cost unless it will win the game. I want to be able to bail myself out of bad situations so I replaced with . has been waiting for its chance, and I imagine it will be unbelievably annoying to deal with. goes in because it's moderately versatile; at worst it's a Council of the Soratami, otherwise it's still a flying body. Trying instead of to change it up a little. 's absence from this deck has been really inexcusable, but is now rectified. never really pulled his weight after got banned, so it's time to cut him; he's basically the same as in this deck considering how fast people kill him. might get back in, but cuts had to be made somewhere. I feel the lands need to be reworked too, but I haven't yet bothered to get my hands on the Theros block temples, which could probably replace , , , and . At the same point, the mana is so consistent now, I feel like I should instead be working it towards less things that come into play tapped.

Decklist as of 12/23/2014:

Commander

Creatures (16)

Sorceries (18)

Instant (17)

Artifact (9)

Enchantments (3)

Planeswalkers (1)

Lands (37)

x3
x3
x2

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-06 7:49 am 

Finally time for the post-tuck tune-up.

OUT

IN

Still haven't gotten around to getting some of the sweet Khans stuff. might replace , and is nice as heck, but what the deck needs is more beats.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-28 2:21 pm 

I don't have much to add, except that I am still very much enjoying this thread, and one Dragon's journey to somewhere.

I feel like might be holding you back. Does it really do the work you want it to?

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-29 1:21 pm 

Offline Profile