[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Games you felt bad for winning

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 4:55 pm

Post subject: Re: Games you felt bad for winning
AgePosted: 2013-Mar-21 9:10 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-21 9:30 am 

- Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-21 10:12 pm 

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-27 8:47 pm 

I was playing a quick 1v1 between Godo (me) and .

I had been pretty mana screwed all game and had four lands by turn 8-9. My board consisted of a with a on it, , and with a suspended .

Meanwhile he has Dralnu out, a Rune-Scarred Demon, and just cast .

I'm at ~28 life and dead on board next turn. The wheel goes off in my upkeep discarding a and drawing me into and as well as a for counter backup...

Coming from behind like that and winning off of four lands with an 8 and 9 CMC spell was cool but something about it just felt dirty... especially had he lived with taking 13 damage.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 1:41 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 3:33 am 

Rafiq, Sharuum, Nekusar, Kresh, Mayael, Kaalia, Maelstrom Wanderer, Ghave, Ruhan, Mimeoplasm, Genju of the Realm, Phelddagrif, Derevi, Oloro, Jenara, Karrthus, Marath, Tariel, Riku, Karador, Numot, Damia, Sliver Overlord, Karn, Silver Golem

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 4:45 am 

@ Epsilon - Yeah, I gotta say, I wouldn't have felt at all bad about that victory - you were the underdog, afterall. Besides, I played Standard during Dralnu du Louvre's reign and god I $@%#ing hated that deck, so I consider yours a moral victory as well.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 4:53 am 

Sometimes I feel bad for winning against players that have been screwed the entire game in one way or another; then I realize that most of them wouldnt' give a damn if I had been screwed in a game and they rofflestomped me.

I need to stop being nice when I play magic...

but its so hard for me to even think about infinite sylvan primordial loops and feel like a decent human being afterwards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 3:23 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 3:25 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 4:20 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-28 11:34 pm 

Rafiq, Sharuum, Nekusar, Kresh, Mayael, Kaalia, Maelstrom Wanderer, Ghave, Ruhan, Mimeoplasm, Genju of the Realm, Phelddagrif, Derevi, Oloro, Jenara, Karrthus, Marath, Tariel, Riku, Karador, Numot, Damia, Sliver Overlord, Karn, Silver Golem

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-29 12:59 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-30 8:27 am 

I was playing my Kaervek group slug deck and quickly dropped Havoc Festival and Wound Reflection. I drew them naturally and they both fit into the decks theme. Everyone else died on their next turn. Took about 10 mins for that 4 player game.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-16 10:36 pm 

Offline Profile