Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-21 5:30 pm

Post subject: Re: Bad Dreams Come True (Intet The Dreamer)
AgePosted: 2011-Dec-05 7:16 am 

Magnetic North wrote:
Hamjam wrote:
Obliterate - have you tried replacing this with one of the colorless sweepers since you hate blowing the lands up? Oblivion Stone should not be hard to pick up after it came out in Commander decks. Other alternatives: All Is Dust, Nevinyrral's Disk. Also, Kederekt Leviathan has been SUPERB for me... I also use Crater Hellion (also fun with Vigor) for creatures.

I might consider Kederekt Leviathan, but I like that Evacuation is an instant. Still, casting him and then the general could be sweet as heck. My Crater Hellion is in another deck, but maybe it should come out. My fisks are also in other decks that need the help a bit more, but maybe I should take one out to put in there. I don't own an Oblivion Stone or an All Is Dust.

Instant sweepers in these colours are a bit of a problem. I use Starstorm, it has been working very well for me. There is also really douchy line of play with it and Kamahl, First of Krosa, but I don't think I have ever used it that way.

Magnetic North wrote:
Hamjam wrote:
Skyshroud Claim - I don't see this ramp spell anywhere in your list, despite you running the ravnica duals. I believe it should be in.

Really, I dunno. I have Explosive Vegetation there instead, which grabs basics. My Fear is that I will need another of a certain color, but that I will end up with the Ravnica duels already in play, and I'll be unable to get the one I need.

However, how that I think of it, this will only matter for anything with 3 mana of the same color in its cost. So: Dominus of Fealty (which only matters if I need to get Steam Vents exactly), Moldgraf Monstrosity (which is green anyway so regular Forests will do), and Stormtide Leviathan (which is only a problem if I need Breeding Pool exactly). So maybe this fear is irrational. And the number of basics to grab are rapidly decreasing. I dunno. I'll have to consider it.

Fair enough, maybe you can keep it as the next best manaramp spell, should you be looking for more of those in your deck. It helps you curve out better, as it basically only costs 2 mana (once you hit the 4 to cast it).

Magnetic North wrote:
Hamjam wrote:
Graveyard hate is not that necessary in this kind (manaramp) of deck in my experience, as it can go toe to toe with reanimation strategies, often keep them busy enough so that they don't have space to get their recursion engines going.

The bootprint on my behind where a 17/17 mimeoplasm kicked me says different. :(

Again, fair enough :) . Though only Relic of Progenitus would probably help in this case, as Mimeoplasm does not target the cards in graveyard. 17/17 is just too large for these colours to deal with most of the time. I like to play Spin into Myth in this deck :) .

Magnetic North wrote:
Hamjam wrote:
Currently I am testing Omen Machine... which means I cut almost everything that says "draw a card" from my list... not sure I like the change yet, because I absolutely love drawing cards, but it is an interesting direction to take with the list. People usually just blow up the machine right away :( .

Yeah, no Omen Machine for me. It's symmetrical and draws hate. It's not what I want to do, despite being very, VERY awesome.

Ok, Omen Machine might get cut from my list as well. Everybody just nukes it straight away. They don't fancy this kind of fun I guess :cry: . I might substitute it with the newly acquired foily Survivor of the Unseen. Setting up top of the library from my hand has always been awesome and is the reason I love Scroll Rack / Jace 2.0 so much.

Magnetic North wrote:
thaumaturge wrote:
Lurking Predators seems like a great option here. You're already messing about with the top of your library, and it's another way to get free stuff when Intet can't get through for damage. Plus, sometimes, it just makes people stop playing spells until someone draws an answer. It's like an uber-Standstill. I realize you are really low on creatures at the mOment, but you seem to have enough tutor/manipulation to make it work fairly reliably.

Lurking Predators is a huge pain in the butt, and should probably be in this deck somewhere. If for nothing else, it will dig for me.:(

Support this suggestion, definitely a kewl card that does something even when it "whiffs".

Magnetic North wrote:
Also, after a trip to my local gaming store and Sifting through some crap, the list of potential added cards keeps going up. Here are the list of potentials so far:

Brittle Effigy (Probably not needed with the triple threat of weird spot removal. But I noticed it and added it to the pile just in case.)
Orcish Librarian (I've always loved this card. Not sure how it interacts with EDH. Random is always bad, but always fun. And it is technically repeatable top-of-library manipulation, even if there is the chance to Exile stuff.)
Momentous Fall (This will be a Greater Good once I own one. Really, I won't bother adding this to the deck until I have that. It's just there to remind me about the Greater Good because that card is nuts.)
Nucklavee (I am on the fence about this guy. Not sure if he's worth 6 if I only hit one thing. Unless my count is off, there are 8 blue instants and 3 red sorceries (including Guided Passage) )
Soothsaying (Could be good. I tend to have lots of free mana after turn 6 or so.)
Insurrection (The real red wrath. The game-ender. Now available at Intet's Discount House Of Baloney. :D )
Relic of Progenitus (The latest in the proud line of Scrabbling Claws and Phyrexian Furnace. None of them let you target easily, so the nuClear option is probably best, unless I am worried about interactions with my 3 Regrowth effects.)
Chamber of Manipulation (I am sure this will get me punched if I get Greater Good out at the same time.)
Decimate (It is such ridiculous card advantage, it's not even funny.)
Wash Out (Blue Wrath. Should really be in this deck, not sure what I was thinking before.)
Terastodon (Finally own one. This will go in there, pretty much no matter what.)
Thada Adel, Acquisitor (Could be fun. Evasive Larceny.)

And that's just the ones I actually have.

12 cards... but hey, at least 2 won't make it in... that helps, right? :|

Decimate is cool, I have it in my list and usually I am happy with it. Really brutal if it only hits one player that has pulled ahead too much. Talk about 2-3 turns setback :lol:
Orcish Librarian looks like fun! If your group is not too competitive, I'd give it a try.
Momentous Fall can work, it protects your general from tucking if nothing else.
Nucklavee I have never really liked. I wish it had been BLUE SORCERY and RED INSTANT. Why the hell is it the other way around... returning a counterspell / bounce and red... whatever? Come on... It just never does what I want it to do :( . I ended up playing Izzet Chronarch instead.
If you need another card to win games with, Insurrection is a good bet. Turning an already lost game into a win is fun... for the first couple of times anyway :) .
Brittle Effigy is a bit unimpressive, for 5 mana you get rid of a creature... probably fine in something like a monogreen deck, but not so much here. Do you even play Trinket Mage?
Wash Out is awesome, wish it was an instant though... soo, another reason why Nucklavee sucks :D
Terastodon is really really good. Half the time I end up blowing up my stuff (lands) for the 3 tokens... then proceed to stomp someone with the elephant army (with green Kamahl cheering from behind).

All in all, this colour combination is really deep. I think it is best to work out a working shell and then swap in the cards you want to try. I have had my Intet deck for about 2 years now, which is quite the proof of the number of possibilities it has. Most of my decks get taken apart after a month or two. I just don't play it as much now since I jumped on the "I hate Primeval Titan" vagon and I am unwilling to cut it from this deck. Plus, manaramp is a vicious strategy that not many decks can compete with.

Intet, the Dreamer RUG Manaramp a.k.a. the Lucid Dreamer

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls RWB Sneaky Blinks a.k.a. oops, I accidentally put an infinite combo in my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Dec-06 12:20 pm 

Orcish Librarian is great for Intet! I started playing it a while ago once I acquired a foil timeshifted version (sad, I never considered it before I got it foiled) and i havent been disappointed. Dont worry about the random effect. You have a 100 card deck full of goodies. If you lose 4 random ones, you'll have 4 left to manipulate repeatedly. Plus the art rocks!

Asmira, Holy Avenger
Sydri, Galvanic Genius
Karametra, God of Harvests
Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
Prossh Kobold Lord
Medomai the Ageless

Visit my web page to view my altered art cards at Grim Alterations.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Dec-11 7:21 pm 

Big changes:

Djinn of Wishes OUT
Guided Passage OUT
Harmonize OUT
Mystic Speculation OUT
Reclaim OUT
Riku of Two Reflections OUT
Simic Sky Swallower OUT
Snakeform OUT
Time Spiral OUT
Winged Coatl OUT

Chamber of Manipulation IN
Decimate IN
Greater Good IN
Insurrection IN
Orcish Librarian IN
Relic of Progenitus IN
Soothsaying IN
Terastodon IN
Thada Adel, Acquisitor IN
Wash Out IN

I played one game with the new set up. First, the good stuff. Blasphemous Act is everything I wanted it to be and more. It was a wrath for 1 red mana. It was beautiful. Should've... sent a poet. I drew Greater Good and Chamber of Manipulation at the same time, which had the side effect of letting me do as I please while they searched for answers that never came. I played all the big spells; Insurrection, Rite of Replication, Time Stretch, Tooth and Nail (though the Darksteel Colossus was the only creature left).

It was a three hour, three player EDH game. Everyone was at less than 10 life for large periods of time, people were regularly drawing 11 cards at a time, creatures were dying and coming back and changing hands left and right, and no one felt safe. It was the best and most satisfying game of EDH I've ever played.

However, I resolved Time Stretch twice... and I still lost. Sure maybe it was just the nature of the game (and a few mistakes I made, including one crucial one at the end where I forgot about a Pongify token I gave someone), but we all know that shouldn't happen.

A few assorted notes before moving onto the big points:

I never use Winding Canyons. It should be pulled to go into Damia (wherever I build that deck.)
I am considering Conquering Manticore because Tooth and Nail can grab it if needed, and he's a decent mid-range beater.
I am considering restoring Djinn of Wishes and Reclaim.

My main complaint is that I didn't have enough octane and had too much top-of-library manipulation. The only big creature I Removed was Simic Sky Swallower (to aVoid feeding The Mimeoplasm, who was not in this last game), but maybe I need to consider some stuff.

At this point, the non-tutor top-of-library manipulation is:

Soothsaying (it was nice to look at the top 11 of a 14 card deck. :twisted: )
Orcish Librarian (Came up too late, discarded him to Greater Good.)
Crystal Ball
Scroll Rack
Sensei's Divining Top
Sylvan Library

And the tutors are:
Long-Term Plans
Worldly Tutor
Mystical Tutor
Noxious Revival
(Reclaim is probably going back in because it's better with Greater Good and I didn't think of that until after the change.)

That's 1/6th of the payload devoted to the setup, but the deck doesn't have enough oomph most of the time. I need to trim that down by a little bit, I think.

So, here is the analysis of each of the non-tutors:

Crystal Ball: Non-expansive. Can get rid of stuff if I don't like what I see. Does not interact with hand.

Orcish Librarian: Non-expansive, but starts out at 8, which is already sizable. Random is bad, but I can choose the remaining 4. Cannot get rid of things I don't like, except with hope and multiple applications. Does not interact with hand. Suffers from summoning sickness.

Soothsaying Expansive: builds with available mana. Can get rid of stuff I don't like with a shuffle. Does not interact with hand.

Scroll Rack: Reverse Expansive: if hand is small, effect is small. If hand is large, effect is large. Cannot get rid of stuff I don't like in any permanent way. Critically interacts with hands.

Sensei's Divining Top : Non-expansive. Cannot get rid of stuff I don't like. Can draw me critical cards immediately, but otherwise cannot interact with hand.

Sylvan Library : Scarcely expansive. Cannot get rid of stuff I don't like. Can make draw, but at a cost, and it cannot take cards from my hand except what I drew from it. (This was a misunderstanding on my part up until now.) Cannot be activated except during upkeep.

So, here's the breakdown:

Code:
                     Cards   Rids?  FromHand?  UseNow?   Draw?
Crystal Ball           2      Y        N          Y        N
(Mirri's Guile)        3      N        N          N        N
Orcish Librarian      4/8     ?        N          N        N
Sensei's Divining Top  3      N        N          Y        Y
Scroll Rack           hand    N        Y          Y        N
Soothsaying            X      Y        N          Y        N
Sylvan Library         2      N        N          N        Y

Looking at this, I think it's clear that Crystal Ball and Soothsaying are the two big ones, because they are the best at getting rid of crap I don't want. However, Sensei's Divining Top also wins big because it draws me what I need if I should be able to see it. Beyond that, Scroll Rack is variable, but even at its best, it basically uses up all it's goodness once you use it once because all those cards will be coming back soon. Sure, it can take stuff from my hand and put it on top of my library, but that's just not that crucial; there are other nice things in the deck; I couldn't possibly draw everything crucially good in my hand. It's basically a one-shot. At that point, I'd might as well play Whirlpool Rider or Credit Voucher. And Sylvan Library is not as good as I'd hoped (which is a shame because I got my hands on a totally gorgeous foreign, black bordered one), and just doesn't help set up as much as it could. It's better than Mirri's Guile (which I included as a comparison, I don't own one), but not by much. The emergency card grab is nice, but I want some more flexibility. Orcish Librarian gets awesome points, can chump block in an emergency, and is the best overall cost-to-output at 4 cards for 1 mana, (Scroll Rack can beat it, but less than 50% of the time.) Style points and fun could carry him across the finish line.

So, at this point, I am considering taking out the two cards which are actual powerful cards in their own right: Sylvan Library and Scroll Rack for cards that are considerably jankier (with the exception of Sensei's Divining Top, which is crazy good and almost impossible to destroy.)

What say you, internet?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-14 10:12 am 

Been quite a while. Made a few changes, but I didn't play much earlier this year, and the boards were down for much of the rest.

These are the most recent changes from the this week; I might have missed some in the interim (Stolen Goods, Consecrated Sphinx, Wall of Blossoms, etc).

OUT

Candles of Leng
Farseek
Forest
Krosan Grip
Primeval Titan
Scroll Rack
Sensei's Divining Top
Spearbreaker Behemoth
Thada Adel, Acquisitor
Tidings
Wild Ricochet
Winding Canyons
Word of Seizing

IN

Artisan of Kozilek
Blatant Thievery
Brittle Effigy
Devastation Tide
Gomazoa
Indrik Stomphowler
Jace, Architect of Thought
Mercurial Chemister
Mind Control
Rogue's Passage
Transguild Promenade
Ulvenwald Tracker
Utvara Hellkite

First, to explain the reason for the changes. My meta is pretty tuck-happy, so if Intet gets sent away, all the top-of-library manipulation become dead draws. Also, this meant the deck was 1/6s missle and only 5/6s payload so I would just run out of threats before my opponents. Also, I just plain need more creatures. More creatures has the added benefit of more for Nin and the tracker to target.

As far as these changes: Artisan of Kozilek is the first Eldrazi to make it in the deck, and is rarely negative card advantage. Blatant Thievery is super unfair and super awesome. Brittle Effigy will give me more creature destruction, which I am always short on. Devastation Tide will be replaced by Cyclonic Rift once I get my hands on one, but it will do for now. Gomazoa should help at direct some rage away from me, or at least it will eat a removal spell instead of someone more valuable. Indrik Stomphowler finally replaces Krosan Grip, mostly for a chump blocker for the 3/3s I keep giving away with other spells and for someone to target with Nin, the Pain Artist. Jace, Architect of Thought is another way to steal people's stuff, so it fits well, despite the fact that I imagine people will smash him to pieces. Mercurial Chemister replaces Candles of Leng and is overall much better with some added utility. Mind Control has been long missing, and replaces the Word of Seizing, because long-term stealing is better in many cases, though I will miss the instant speed. Rogue's Passage is probably an auto-include for any EDH deck that wants creatures to get through. Transguild Promenade is just a functional reprint of Rupture Spire, and I see no problem with having two, though I am wondering if I have too many come-into-play-tapped lands. Ulvenwald Tracker is at best some cheap, repeatable removal, and is at worst a very cheap blocker or a Nin target. Utvara Hellkite is okay on its own, but with the moderate number of dragons already in this deck, it could get some serious mileage quite quickly.

This adds a lot more points of power in creatures as well as 6 new spot removal outlets (if you include the steals) and some extra passive defense. My concerns are the high number of spells requiring double or triple blue, the come-into-play-tapped lands, and lacking enough sweepers (only 4 honest-to-goodness sweepers).

This deck was already pretty decent, but I expect these changes to improve performance overall.
10/14/2012 Decklist:

Commander:
Intet, the Dreamer

Creatures:
Acidic Slime
Artisan of Kozilek
Consecrated Sphinx
Darksteel Colossus
Dominus of Fealty
Eternal Witness
Gomazoa
Indrik Stomphowler
Keiga, the Tide Star
Mercurial Chemister
Nin, the Pain Artist
Phyrexian Metamorph
Roil Elemental
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Stormtide Leviathan
Terastodon
Ulvenwald Tracker
Utvara Hellkite
Wall of Blossoms

Sorceries:
Acquire
Aftershock
Blasphemous Act
Blatant Thievery
Bramblecrush
Bribery
Cultivate
Decimate
Devastation Tide
Explosive Vegetation
Insurrection
Knowledge Exploitation
Kodama's Reach
Rite of Replication
Stolen Goods
Time Stretch
Tooth and Nail
Wash Out

Instants:
Beast Within
Chaos Warp
Evacuation
Grab the Reins
Hinder
Mystical Tutor
Noxious Revival
Pongify
Spin into Myth
Time Stop
Worldly Tutor

Artifacts:
Brittle Effigy
Crystal Ball
Darksteel Plate
Lightning Greaves
Relic of Progenitus
Sol Ring
Temporal Aperture
Worn Powerstone

Enchantments:
Greater Good
Mind Control
Soothsaying
Treachery

Planeswalkers:
Garruk Wildspeaker

Lands:
Breeding Pool
Cascade Bluffs
Command Tower
Evolving Wilds
Exotic Orchard
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Gruul Turf
Hinterland Harbor
Izzet Boilerworks
Karplusan Forest
Reflecting Pool
Rootbound Crag
Rogue's Passage
Rupture Spire
Shivan Reef
Simic Growth Chamber
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Sulfur Falls
Temple of the False God
Terramorphic Expanse
Transguild Promenade
Vesuva
Vivid Crag
Vivid Creek
Vivid Grove
Yavimaya Coast

Island x3
Forest x3
Mountain x3

Last edited by Magnetic North on 2012-Oct-28 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-19 11:01 pm 

Well hello there again, welcome back :D .

I feel Intet kind of bowed out of EDH after Riku came out... Then Maelstrom Wanderer shut the door on her. Only a few faithful remain (me included). GO DRAGON GIRL! Kudos to you for being faithful too!

Have not made many changes to my deck in the past year or so, did not really feel any need to. Still very good at pressuring a table of 3-4 players, a complete monster in 2HG... The only change I have made was Oracle of Mul Daya going in after the banning of Primeval Titan. I also put in Rogue's Passage, can't be bad with Intet I think...

So I see you have pulled out some ramp, manipulation and general utility cards for some strong defensive cards. Have you been having trouble with any specific strategy?

You mention missing sweepers. I second the inclusion of Devastation Tide, that card is nuts. Blue has received much love lately in regards to sweepers. Even stronger than the tide: Cyclonic Rift. Yes, it really is an instant. It does not screw up your board position. You can play it for only 2 mana in emergency situations. What more is there to ask?

I know I said this before and I am going to repeat myself - where is Kederekt Leviathan? You do not seem to be playing that many permanents in the first place and some of them you might actually like having back in your hand. To name a few: Mind Control, Treachery, Eternal Witness, Artisan of Kozilek, etc...

Also, including Vigor with that Nin / Chemister just makes me chuckle.

Last thing - any reason for cutting the Wild Ricochet? That card usually leads to some epic moments with big laughs and high fives, won me a few games too.

Intet, the Dreamer RUG Manaramp a.k.a. the Lucid Dreamer

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls RWB Sneaky Blinks a.k.a. oops, I accidentally put an infinite combo in my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-20 5:22 am 

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment.

Hamjam wrote:
So I see you have pulled out some ramp, manipulation and general utility cards for some strong defensive cards. Have you been having trouble with any specific strategy?

Mu biggest problem is not having enough power on the table to close the gate. I win most games by warming up the Intet Warp Drive (TM) as I call it where I play Time Stretch repeatedly and beat people to death while getting free stuff. But that can be difficult to manage. Often times I am so busy playing control cards that I can't afford to risk playing the commander. That is why I increased the creatures that can beat face.

Hamjam wrote:
You mention missing sweepers. I second the inclusion of Devastation Tide, that card is nuts. Blue has received much love lately in regards to sweepers. Even stronger than the tide: Cyclonic Rift. Yes, it really is an instant. It does not screw up your board position. You can play it for only 2 mana in emergency situations. What more is there to ask?

As I said, Cyclonic Rift will be in there the very instant I get my grubby mitts on one. First off, I love cards with two casting costs (kicker, multikicker, overload, entwine) like Rite of Replication that can serve multiple purposes, so they won't jam you hand up in an emergency. Second, that card is an absolute staple for EDH. I wonder if it will one day outstrip Time Stretch as being the prototypical power card for the color in EDH. It is totally insane. Sadly, I didn't get one in my box :(

Hamjam wrote:
I know I said this before and I am going to repeat myself - where is Kederekt Leviathan? You do not seem to be playing that many permanents in the first place and some of them you might actually like having back in your hand. To name a few: Mind Control, Treachery, Eternal Witness, Artisan of Kozilek, etc...

Yeah, when I first assessed Kederekt Leviathan, the only one of those cards I had in there was Eternal Witness, but now there are many more things I might want in my hand (including Indrik Stomphowler, Acidic Slime, Wall Of Blossoms, Terastodon ). I am a little hesitant because of my use of standing artifacts, but I actually have less now that I went from signets to Sol Ring and Worn Powerstone. I also looked at the card and felt it was somewhat unfun, but I can't really say that if I want to play Cyclonic Rift. I'm going to put this on the short list of the next possible changes.

Hamjam wrote:
Also, including Vigor with that Nin / Chemister just makes me chuckle.

I've avoided Vigor because of triple-green casting cost, but I've got the mana pretty well setlled, so I can probably consider it. The thing I don't like is that it doesn't do enough alone, but with the higher number of creatures in the deck, this is probably less of a problem than it has been.

Hamjam wrote:
Last thing - any reason for cutting the Wild Ricochet? That card usually leads to some epic moments with big laughs and high fives, won me a few games too.

Same with Radiate; I never once got to play it. I wanted to make the deck more proactive and less reactive, and that was an obvious target. Honestly, Thada Adel, Acquisitor and Tidings were harder cuts to make. (Thada exiles my opponents' Blightsteel Colossuses, which was super handy.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Feb-16 5:35 am 

Minor pre-Gatecrash changes:

OUT Gomazoa
OUT Devastation Tide

IN Temporal Mastery
IN Cyclonic Rift

Nothing terribly surprising here. These two cards are just amazing.

Possible Gatecrash additions:

Diluvian Primordial
Domri Rade
Fathom Mage
Giant Adephage
Ground Assault
Molten Primordial
Rubblehulk
Stolen Identity
Sylvan Primordial
Urban Evolution

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-26 11:16 am 

Post-Con Season Decklist Update:

OUT

Acquire
Blatant Thievery
Brittle Effigy
Darksteel Colossus
Dominus of Fealty
Exotic Orchard
Explosive Vegetation
Greater Good
Mind Control
Nin, the Pain Artist
Mountain
Time Stop
Vivid Crag
Vivid Creek
Vivid Grove

Some of these cuts were harder than others. Most them are good but just aren't good enough, like Nin, The Pain Artist and Time Stop. Others, like Greater Good, are great but I just had to cut somewhere. Explosive Vegetation was only cut because Thran Dynamo and Gilded Lotus are going in and produce more. Darksteel Colossus is a tough cut but he just doesn't close it out like you'd figure. I nearly put Obliterate back in the deck (which works great with all things Darksteel), but it's just no fun, but even so it will probably replace the first thing that fails to pull its weight below. Acquire was the hardest cut because I really want two briberies to punish people who play Blightsteel, but a lot of the time, it's just getting me a Sol Ring or Dynamo or an equipment. Not bad, but the weakest of the steals (Stolen Goods has actually never resolved so I am hesitant to cut it sight unseen.) The Vivids actually came out a while ago, as I was given the sac lands as a Christmas gift, which was awesome. Not sure if I want to cut the two other common sac lands, but I'm leaving them for now.

IN

Armed // Dangerous
Desolate Lighthouse
Diluvian Primordial
Gilded Lotus
Misty Rainforest
Omniscience
Plasm Capture
Scalding Tarn
Stroke of Genius
Tolaria West
Thran Dynamo
Time Warp
Turn // Burn
Wooded Foothills
Wheel of Fortune

Armed // Dangerous is a probationary member and barely made the cut, but I have high hopes for it. Desolate Lighthouse is something I hope will be occasionally useful in an emergency, and should let me dump expensive stuff early if needed. Diluvian Primordial fits the thievery theme of the deck, and might be pretty good to grab opponent's already used sweepers as needed, if nothing else. Gilded Lotus is long overdue, mostly because I am a lazy cheapskate, but its return in M13 made it available to me. Omniscience also has the potential to be amazing; sure, it's 10 and doesn't win the game for you, but it allows me to play everything else that will win me the game. Plasm Capture is not as good as Mana Drain, but the price (as in money) is right, and it's still cheap enough (as in mana) that it could surprise someone. Stroke of Genius breaks my rule for "No X cards" so they don't miss on Intet, but that is such a tiny minority, it's worth the risk. Thran Dynamo was also overdue, and with the myriad of new expensive cards in this deck, the mana is going to be necessary. Time Warp is more proactive than Time Stop, which I love, but I really need another multi-turn card, and I am not sold on Beacon of Tomorrows. Tolaria West is something I've wanted to use for a while to help me grab lands that tap for 2 or the Rogue's Passage (which has never once come up yet, sadly). Turn // Burn is a slightly more versatile but less powerful version of Brittle Effigy that I think will be very good. Wheel of Fortune really needs no introduction.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'd say this setup is more powerful, but is is certainly looks more explosive.

Decklist as of 5/16/2013:

Commander:
Intet, the Dreamer

Creatures (16)
Acidic Slime
Artisan of Kozilek
Consecrated Sphinx
Diluvian Primordial
Dominus of Fealty
Indrik Stomphowler
Keiga, the Tide Star
Mercurial Chemister
Phyrexian Metamorph
Roil Elemental
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Stormtide Leviathan
Terastodon
Ulvenwald Tracker
Utvara Hellkite
Wall of Blossoms

Sorceries (18)
Aftershock
Armed // Dangerous
Blasphemous Act
Bramblecrush
Bribery
Cultivate
Decimate
Insurrection
Knowledge Exploitation
Kodama's Reach
Rite of Replication
Stolen Goods
Temporal Mastery
Time Stretch
Time Warp
Tooth and Nail
Wash Out
Wheel of Fortune

Instants (14)
Beast Within
Chaos Warp
Cyclonic Rift
Evacuation
Grab the Reins
Hinder
Mystical Tutor
Noxious Revival
Plasm Capture
Pongify
Stroke of Genius
Spin into Myth
Turn // Burn
Worldly Tutor

Artifacts (9)
Crystal Ball
Darksteel Plate
Gilded Lotus
Lightning Greaves
Relic of Progenitus
Sol Ring
Temporal Aperture
Thran Dynamo
Worn Powerstone

Enchantments (3)
Omniscience
Soothsaying
Treachery

Planeswalkers (2)
Garruk Wildspeaker

Lands (37)
Breeding Pool
Cascade Bluffs
Command Tower
Desolate Lighthouse
Evolving Wilds
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Gruul Turf
Hinterland Harbor
Izzet Boilerworks
Karplusan Forest
Misty Rainforest
Reflecting Pool
Rootbound Crag
Rogue's Passage
Rupture Spire
Scalding Tarn
Shivan Reef
Simic Growth Chamber
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Sulfur Falls
Temple of the False God
Terramorphic Expanse
Tolaria West
Transguild Promenade
Vesuva
Wooded Foothills
Yavimaya Coast

Forest x3
Island x3
Mountain x2

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-02 8:48 am 

Made very minor changes, but I didn't keep it updated over the months, so here's the whole thing again:

Decklist as of 9/2/2013:

Commander:
Intet, the Dreamer

Creatures (16)
Acidic Slime
Artisan of Kozilek
Consecrated Sphinx
Diluvian Primordial
Eternal Witness
Indrik Stomphowler
Keiga, the Tide Star
Mercurial Chemister
Phyrexian Metamorph
Roil Elemental
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Stormtide Leviathan
Terastodon
Ulvenwald Tracker
Utvara Hellkite
Wall of Blossoms

Sorceries (18)
Aftershock
Blasphemous Act
Bramblecrush
Bribery
Cultivate
Decimate
Insurrection
Knowledge Exploitation
Kodama's Reach
Rite of Replication
Stolen Goods
Temporal Mastery
Time Stretch
Time Warp
Tooth and Nail
Urban Evolution
Wash Out
Wheel of Fortune

Instants (14)
Beast Within
Chaos Warp
Cyclonic Rift
Evacuation
Grab the Reins
Hinder
Mystical Tutor
Noxious Revival
Plasm Capture
Pongify
Stroke of Genius
Spin into Myth
Turn // Burn
Worldly Tutor

Artifacts (9)
Crystal Ball
Darksteel Plate
Gilded Lotus
Lightning Greaves
Relic of Progenitus
Sol Ring
Temporal Aperture
Thran Dynamo
Worn Powerstone

Enchantments (3)
Omniscience
Soothsaying
Treachery

Planeswalkers (2)
Garruk Wildspeaker

Lands (37)
Breeding Pool
Cascade Bluffs
Command Tower
Desolate Lighthouse
Evolving Wilds
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Gruul Turf
Hinterland Harbor
Izzet Boilerworks
Karplusan Forest
Misty Rainforest
Reflecting Pool
Rootbound Crag
Rogue's Passage
Rupture Spire
Scalding Tarn
Shivan Reef
Simic Growth Chamber
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Sulfur Falls
Temple of the False God
Terramorphic Expanse
Tolaria West
Transguild Promenade
Vesuva
Wooded Foothills
Yavimaya Coast

Forest x3
Island x3
Mountain x2

Things I might add:

Biomass Mutation
Clan Defiance (It's nice, but do I really need more janky spot removal?)
Ground Assault
Nevinyrral's Disk
Obliterate (Pretty good with Omniscience.)
Opportunity (My card draw in this deck is weak at times. Gotta shore it up somehow.)
Time Spiral (Even better with Omniscience.)
Rapid Hybridization (Sure, why not.)
Rubblehulk
Sylvan Primordial (Play it before it gets banned!)
Strionic Resonator (Totally overlooked this card.)
Windreader Sphinx

And things from Theros:
Curse of the Swine (So good)
Thassa, God of the Sea (Perfect for this deck, better and cheaper than Rouge's Passage after one use, can get there with Roil Elemental and Stormtide Leviathan and Omniscience to fuel the devotion if needed.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-12 1:15 pm 

Well, I just spent last Sunday playing EDH, and I got blanked. We played 10 games and I won 0. Now, some of it was bad luck (Chaos Warping a commander into Jace, the Mind Sculptor when my opponent has an Obliterate in hand), but other times my deck was just running out of gas. So I decided it needed a bit of a serious tune-up.

OUT
Crystal Ball
Decimate
Indrik Stomphowler
Soothsaying
Stolen Goods
Temporal Aperture
Ulvenwald Tracker
Wall of Blossoms

IN
Fact or Fiction
Krosan Grip
Mystic Speculation
Nevinyrral's Disk
Sylvan Library
Time Spiral
Tower of Calamities
Tower of Fortunes

Some of these cuts are tough to make. I really want Stolen Goods and Temporal Aperture in there because I like them, but the deck needs more reliable stuff. Overall, it needs more payload and less missile. I've never seen anyone use the Towers before, but I have always wanted to give them a shot. I imagine Tower of Calamities will be better in situations of Weakness than Ulvenwald Tracker, and Tower of Fortunes only has to activate once to be worth it. Mystic Speculation is a bit less mana efficient than Soothsaying, but it can Remove chaff and improve it's efficiency that way, and it didn't show up much last time I tried it, so I'm giving it another go. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Also, I was curious how much this deck has changed over the years. 29 of the non-land cards remain from the 2011 decklist. Not sure what that means, but it's interesting.

9/12/13

Commander:
Intet, the Dreamer

Creatures (13)
Acidic Slime
Artisan of Kozilek
Consecrated Sphinx
Diluvian Primordial
Eternal Witness
Keiga, the Tide Star
Mercurial Chemister
Phyrexian Metamorph
Roil Elemental
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Stormtide Leviathan
Terastodon
Utvara Hellkite

Sorceries (19)
Aftershock
Blasphemous Act
Bramblecrush
Bribery
Cultivate
Insurrection
Knowledge Exploitation
Kodama's Reach
Mystic Speculation
Rite of Replication
Temporal Mastery
Time Spiral
Time Stretch
Time Warp
Tooth and Nail
Urban Evolution
Wash Out
Wheel of Fortune

Instant (16)
Beast Within
Chaos Warp
Cyclonic Rift
Evacuation
Fact or Fiction
Grab the Reins
Hinder
Krosan Grip
Mystical Tutor
Noxious Revival
Plasm Capture
Pongify
Spin into Myth
Stroke of Genius
Turn // Burn
Worldly Tutor

Artifact (10)
Darksteel Plate
Gilded Lotus
Lightning Greaves
Nevinyrral's Disk
Relic of Progenitus
Sol Ring
Thran Dynamo
Tower of Calamities
Tower of Fortunes
Worn Powerstone

Enchantments (3)
Omniscience
Sylvan Library
Treachery

Planeswalkers (2)
Garruk Wildspeaker

Lands (37)
Breeding Pool
Cascade Bluffs
Command Tower
Desolate Lighthouse
Evolving Wilds
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Gruul Turf
Hinterland Harbor
Izzet Boilerworks
Karplusan Forest
Misty Rainforest
Reflecting Pool
Rootbound Crag
Rogue's Passage
Rupture Spire
Scalding Tarn
Shivan Reef
Simic Growth Chamber
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Sulfur Falls
Temple of the False God
Terramorphic Expanse
Tolaria West
Transguild Promenade
Vesuva
Wooded Foothills
Yavimaya Coast

Forest x3
Island x3
Mountain x2

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-09 1:55 pm 

Very minor change.

OUT
Ryusei, the Falling Star

IN
Hellkite Charger

I was thinking of cutting Utvara Hellkite, then it won be a game singlehandedly, so I decided I might try and increase the dragon count in the deck. I want to increase the creature count anyway, and so long as the dragons are good enough themselves, it's fine. I'm thinking maybe Hypersonic Dragon, Bogardan Hellkite, Dragon Broodmother, or Stormbreath Dragon. The first two are cheap or I have them already, and I don't think know the improvement is worth the cash investment for the other two.

I should find space for Starstorm & Curse of the Swine. I need more sweepers and I don't need to worry about hitting X spells for free as much anymore since now I play my opponent's stuff for free more than my own.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Dec-23 7:50 am 

Haven't been able to play much as of late, and I've been putting off a tune-up for a while.

OUT

Artisan of Kozilek
Darksteel Plate
Garruk Wildspeaker
Gilded Lotus
Insurrection
Mystic Speculation
Noxious Revival
Rite of Replication
Tower of Calamities
Tower of Fortunes
Turn // Burn

IN

Chord of Calling
Constant Mists
Curse of the Swine
Dreamstone Hedron
Flameblast Dragon
Molten Disaster
Mulldrifter
Oblivion Stone
Sensei's Divining Top
Two-Headed Dragon
Windfall

I added many X spells that I'd been considering for a while. I originally didn't have any X spells because they interact poorly with Intet, but I always have so much mana available and the air is rarely open to use Intet's ability anyway, if it whiffs, it's no big deal. Artisan of Kozilek was cut for two dragons for better interaction with Stormtide Leviathan and Utvara Hellkite. Rite of Replication lost so much power now that it's not commander kill anymore, so I had to replace it with spells that destroy my opponent's things instead. Phyrexian Metamorph is close to getting cut too. I still like the towers, but cuts had to be made somewhere. Turn // Burn is fun and destroys indestructible creatures, but so do a few other things, and Curse of the Swine will be better in almost all situations. Similarly, Darksteel Plate is just rarely the big help you might think it would be. Insurrection is fine but it's hard to justify the cost unless it will win the game. I want to be able to bail myself out of bad situations so I replaced Gilded Lotus with Dreamstone Hedron. Constant Mists has been waiting for its chance, and I imagine it will be unbelievably annoying to deal with. Mulldrifter goes in because it's moderately versatile; at worst it's a Council of the Soratami, otherwise it's still a flying body. Trying Sensei's Divining Top instead of Mystic Speculation to change it up a little. Windfall's absence from this deck has been really inexcusable, but is now rectified. Garruk Wildspeaker never really pulled his weight after Primeval Titan got banned, so it's time to cut him; he's basically the same as Life Burst in this deck considering how fast people kill him. Noxious Revival might get back in, but cuts had to be made somewhere. I feel the lands need to be reworked too, but I haven't yet bothered to get my hands on the Theros block temples, which could probably replace Rupture Spire, Transguild Promenade, Terramorphic Expanse, and Evolving Wilds. At the same point, the mana is so consistent now, I feel like I should instead be working it towards less things that come into play tapped.

Decklist as of 12/23/2014:

Commander
Intet, the Dreamer

Creatures (16)
Acidic Slime
Consecrated Sphinx
Diluvian Primordial
Eternal Witness
Flameblast Dragon
Keiga, the Tide Star
Mercurial Chemister
Mulldrifter
Phyrexian Metamorph
Roil Elemental
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Stormtide Leviathan
Terastodon
Two-Headed Dragon
Utvara Hellkite

Sorceries (18)
Aftershock
Blasphemous Act
Bramblecrush
Bribery
Cultivate
Curse of the Swine
Knowledge Exploitation
Kodama's Reach
Molten Disaster
Temporal Mastery
Time Spiral
Time Stretch
Time Warp
Tooth and Nail
Urban Evolution
Wash Out
Wheel of Fortune
Windfall

Instant (17)
Beast Within
Chord of Calling
Chaos Warp
Constant Mists
Cyclonic Rift
Evacuation
Fact or Fiction
Grab the Reins
Hinder
Krosan Grip
Mystical Tutor
Plasm Capture
Pongify
Spin into Myth
Stroke of Genius
Worldly Tutor

Artifact (9)
Dreamstone Hedron
Lightning Greaves
Nevinyrral's Disk
Oblivion Stone
Relic of Progenitus
Sensei's Divining Top
Sol Ring
Thran Dynamo
Worn Powerstone

Enchantments (3)
Omniscience
Sylvan Library
Treachery

Planeswalkers (1)

Lands (37)
Breeding Pool
Cascade Bluffs
Command Tower
Desolate Lighthouse
Evolving Wilds
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Gruul Turf
Hinterland Harbor
Izzet Boilerworks
Karplusan Forest
Misty Rainforest
Reflecting Pool
Rootbound Crag
Rogue's Passage
Rupture Spire
Scalding Tarn
Shivan Reef
Simic Growth Chamber
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Sulfur Falls
Temple of the False God
Terramorphic Expanse
Tolaria West
Transguild Promenade
Vesuva
Wooded Foothills
Yavimaya Coast

Forest x3
Island x3
Mountain x2

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-06 7:49 am 

Finally time for the post-tuck tune-up.

OUT
Hinder
Plasm Capture
Spin into Myth

Evolving Wilds
Forest
Rupture Spire
Transguild Promenade

IN
Drift of Phantasms
Muddle the Mixture
Rite of Replication

Temple of Abandon
Temple of Epiphany
Temple of Mystery
Winding Canyons

Still haven't gotten around to getting some of the sweet Khans stuff. Temur Ascendancy might replace Lightning Greaves, and Disdainful Stroke is nice as heck, but what the deck needs is more beats.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-28 2:21 pm 

I don't have much to add, except that I am still very much enjoying this thread, and one Dragon's journey to somewhere.

I feel like Stormtide Leviathan might be holding you back. Does it really do the work you want it to?

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-29 1:21 pm 

Sinis wrote:
I don't have much to add, except that I am still very much enjoying this thread, and one Dragon's journey to somewhere.

Thanks, hopefully the journey is enlightening. I certainly won't pretend this is the ideal deck, but it gets closer to where I want it as I go.

Sinis wrote:
I feel like Stormtide Leviathan might be holding you back. Does it really do the work you want it to?

Stormtide is my go-to guy for when the board state is out of control and my only answer is Tooth and Nail. When it's a bit more balanced, I go for Terastodon to try and even things out. He's the only guy who beats who doesn't fly, so Stormtide doesn't backfire on me. As to whether he's good enough, I don't have any complaints lately, but then again, last time I played he never came up, and I had opportunities to grab him if I wanted him.

Thinking of that made me wonder if I could Tooth and Nail for Drift of Phantasms and grab a sweeper, but none of my sweepers (except Oblivion Stone) are CMC 3, though some are 2. Turns out, that is not a coincidence. The sweepers at 3 in those colors are not great, and I didn't find any X spells.

Firespout
Anger of the Gods
Slagstorm
Hibernation
Hour of Need
Volcanic Fallout

All decidedly meh in this format.

The real thing I think I need is more threats. More guys, more beef, more stuff. More profitable blocks means less need for sweepers, cut down on the spot removal. I have been considering Deadbridge Goliath (since I have one anyway), but really I should just grab some more of the recent nice dragons from the Khans sets, because they work with Stormtide and Utvara Hellkite, and that's all I really ask at this point. I suppose I should dig up some sort of hard-to-answer threat, but I pulled some of the shroud out of the deck (like Simic Sky Swallower) after Mimeoplasm started making the rounds.

Any suggestions for how to beef things up?

Offline Profile