[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Tickle-Your-Fancy Plays

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 4:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Tickle-Your-Fancy Plays
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-21 2:21 pm 

So, these aren't Cool enough for the other thread, but I thought they were funny/quirky...

Cast -han and pass. Buddy plays on my (rightfully so). On my turn I chuckle and tap the Rouge's Island to cast , so Ruhan-han can smash in unblockably anyway! :twisted:

Or that moment when it dawned on me that could give MY creature haste. I was so excited about this new tech that I immediately cast it on a fresh Ruhan-han...and it ended up smashing into another player's :oops:

Sometimes I feel like a wide-eyed, fresh player, and all the cards are shiny, endless possibilities!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Tickle-Your-Fancy Plays
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-23 12:12 am 

This past weekend, I used to take control of an Aurelia player's for double the effect: his proceeded to kill off his own creature and it caused his to lose its indestructible (it sounds so dumb to say it that way, but since indestructible is now a keyword ability...) so I could swing overhead with a -now- for some key damage.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-23 1:42 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-23 2:32 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-24 3:56 am 

I also really like the unexpected ones that I didn't see when I built the decks.

Like the first time I had and out together and thought about it.

Or and ...

Or and ...

Or and ...

Or + + (once one is in the graveyard..)

Or + ..

Or my all-time favorite, with . That one really snuck up on me as I didn't have enough dice available... lol

Color Pie Project

White: Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant
Blue: Braids, Conjurer Adept
Black: Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Red: Kumano, Master Yamabushi
Green: Omnath, Locus of Mana

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-24 6:57 pm 

Two weeks ago I was laughed at for playing a Foil . No one was laughing when won me that game. Well, actually, we totally were, because it was a rather silly game, but I digress.

The best part came down to the last turn of the game. The only players left were me with against a deck. I was at six life with the HF trigger on the stack, and I was racing against Krenko at three life. He had , , and a couple of goblin tokens. I had a lone and many newly-untapped lands. In the end, I played my triggers better.

That game was crazy.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 2:28 am 

I managed to resolve a with in play. Got wrathed before my next untap, but it was happy to be able to have over 1,000 power on the board without going infinite.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-03 5:51 pm 

Ive been really enjoying for and another dragon (this second one varies alot according to what I need) in my Sek'kuar deck.

: Sneaky horrible backstabbing ninjas+rogues.
: It's ALIVE! And so is that one! In fact, ALL the formerly dead stuff is alive!
: Artifacts and artifacts and lifegain and artifacts.
In Progress:
: Mr. Massacre and his things that ping.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-03 5:58 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-08 10:17 pm 

My Ashling deck suprises me sometimes. Yesterday I killed a player turn 4 with Repercussion and Blasphemous Act + 1 damage from Ashling for exactsies. The next game I stumbled upon infinite mana with Mana Geyser and Reiterate. The game after that, Valakut + Furnace of Rath went the whole way. These aren't very original plays, but I like how a mono red deck can win in different ways mostly dependant on what the opponent has.

Kami of the Crescent Moon (mass draw, bounce and shenanigans)
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs (you did this to yourself: mono red edition)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-09 8:16 am 

My stayed alive for 11 turns! It dealt a total of 56 damage (albeit, most to me), but the tension and the randomness made the whole game.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-10 6:29 am 

: Sneaky horrible backstabbing ninjas+rogues.
: It's ALIVE! And so is that one! In fact, ALL the formerly dead stuff is alive!
: Artifacts and artifacts and lifegain and artifacts.
In Progress:
: Mr. Massacre and his things that ping.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-19 6:48 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-19 7:55 am 
EDH Rules Committee

I will never get bored of ing the upkeep trigger from . I have a special little dance for the times I get to do that.

Recently I got to activate on my draw step, in response to the I had in play. Basically, I got to dig 9 cards deep and save my favourite 2 for next turn. I thought that was pretty adorable.

+ is going to be my favourite thing for a while, I think. + , or is pretty cool too, though. I kinda wish he was legendary.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-20 10:26 pm 

Test driving my new deck, was about to be crushed by a big army which was either indestructable or had regen protection - I forget. On what is to be my last turn, I draw , but I don't have enough mana to cast one of the exile wraths I had in my deck. So instead I tutored for a and passed the turn.

Sure enough, the huge army comes my way, so I cast for a which goes on the top of my library. I pop my , enabling me to cast Terminus for its miracle cost.

I was quite proud of myself until the player on my left cast a counterspell.

- Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next