Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-18 10:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tickle-Your-Fancy Plays
AgePosted: 2015-Aug-09 6:58 am 

My friend was playing an elf deck with an insane board state. Drops 30+ mana into Ezuri to overrun the table. In response, I cast Standardize turning all creatures into Beebles.

He still probably could have killed two players with what he had out but he was so utterly defeated by that play that he conceded.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-09 7:37 am 

Epsilon wrote:
My friend was playing an elf deck with an insane board state. Drops 30+ mana into Ezuri to overrun the table. In response, I cast Standardize turning all creatures into Beebles.

He still probably could have killed two players with what he had out but he was so utterly defeated by that play that he conceded.

And that is why you activate them all one after another, letting them each resolve one-by-one.

As for my recent tale, I made a Human's tribal headed by Karona, False God, and while playing I noticed a really cool little stack-synergy with her and Wild Beastmaster, to which I let Karona's ability (naming humans, obviously) resolve first, then let the Beastmaster finish, giving all my stuff +7/+7. Seems okay when 10 humans are going in various directions.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-09 8:40 am 

Finally got to live the dream with my Sek'Kuar deck over the weekend; got Reassembling Skeleton, Ashnod's Altar, and Gutter Grime all going at once :D :D

For every land I had that made {B}, I got to add an Ooze and give all my Oozes +1/1. Even with a board wipe in the middle, I ended up with 6 13/13 oozes :D

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 12:57 am 

Managed to win a 4 way FFA with an angel tribal deck I built for the missus with just 6 lands and a Quicksilver amulet! I had been struggling all along but eventually finding nykthos and the amulet I could start getting a presence...Then Evacuation hit! So I began the super slow rebuild but the first creature I dropped was Akroma who was 9/9 thanks to light from within and ejected the guy who played the evac.

The zombie deck has lots of zombies and drops altar of dementia whilst I hide behind my akroma, archangel of tithes and Pristine Angel. My other mate playing my chromanticore deck has 40 damage on the board with lifelink in the form of evershrike, sitting at around 80 health, similar to mine. He has tapped out so has to kill the zombs who would have milled us both out next turn. I play avacyn and my general, Gisela, blade of goldnight and pass the turn. His turn he adds double strike to the Shrike who has vigilance, trample, lifelink etc etc and swings thinking hes got me. I block with all and halve the damage, killing his dude and grinning. Return swing seals victory! Damn Angels are fun, 6 LANDS! (baring in mind the Chromanticore player could generate well over 30 mana thanks to the serra's sanctum

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 12:58 am 

Viperion wrote:
Finally got to live the dream with my Sek'Kuar deck over the weekend; got Reassembling Skeleton, Ashnod's Altar, and Gutter Grime all going at once :D :D

For every land I had that made {B}, I got to add an Ooze and give all my Oozes +1/1. Even with a board wipe in the middle, I ended up with 6 13/13 oozes :D

If you had Sek'kuar out and Phyrexian Altar instead, you could just go infinite, by saccing the graveborn for B and the skeleton for whatever.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 1:49 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
If you had Sek'kuar out and Phyrexian Altar instead, you could just go infinite, by saccing the graveborn for B and the skeleton for whatever.

Sure, he could, but watching an infinite combo is like public masturbation: nobody really wants to see you do it, hear you do it, or watch you do it, yet you still explode all over the table to make yourself happy.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 4:08 am 

Ukkmaster wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:

Sure, he could, but watching an infinite combo is like public masturbation: nobody really wants to see you do it, hear you do it, or watch you do it, yet you still explode all over the table to make yourself happy.

I find that there's very little difference between actual infinite and a loop that he can repeat as often as he can pay B, which is going to generate a very large number of very large creatures very quickly. Yes what he did is technically answerable with well-timed yard hate, assuming he doesn't play around it, but still he pretty much combo'd out.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 4:37 am 

Had this come up playing my mono-black deck.

Opponent #1, playing Daretti, casts blasphemous act. Everything on the board is going away, including my crypt ghast, which I really liked. The only thing coming back is my puppeteer clique, with persist. I use the clique to get Opponent #2's clever impersonator, copying puppeteer clique. I use the second puppeteer trigger to grab a baleful strix and draw a card. I then sac the impersonator with high market. It persists, and when it comes back into play, I copy Opponent #1's gauntlet of power (his is on red), naming black. I've now gotten my crypt ghast back!

Glint-Eye Nephilim (combat tricks, card draw, & creature pump)
Oloro Upkeep Tribal (enchantment-based control)
and more:Decklists

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 6:15 am 

Ukkmaster wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Sek'Kuar had already been killed twice; I could have used (nearly) all my mana to recast him, or I could have kept making bigger Oooooooozes. The Ooze plan won out ;)

I don't actually own any Phyrexian Altars, if I did it'd probably be in this deck. Generally I'm not a fan of infinite combos, but ones like you suggest (4 cards!) are perfectly fine, in my book :)

That was just the first time Gutter Grime did anything except make a couple of 2/2's, thought it was worth posting up :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 8:17 am 

mmcgeach wrote:
Had this come up playing my mono-black deck.

Opponent #1, playing Daretti, casts blasphemous act. Everything on the board is going away, including my crypt ghast, which I really liked. The only thing coming back is my puppeteer clique, with persist. I use the clique to get Opponent #2's clever impersonator, copying puppeteer clique. I use the second puppeteer trigger to grab a baleful strix and draw a card. I then sac the impersonator with high market. It persists, and when it comes back into play, I copy Opponent #1's gauntlet of power (his is on red), naming black. I've now gotten my crypt ghast back!

Hate to break it to you, but Persist says it comes back into play under Owner's control, meaning your opponent would get the Clever Impersonator, not you.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-10 12:14 pm 

Viperion wrote:
Sek'Kuar had already been killed twice; I could have used (nearly) all my mana to recast him, or I could have kept making bigger Oooooooozes. The Ooze plan won out ;)

Without Phyrexian Altar it's kinda a moot point anyways, since Ashnod's doesn't give you B.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-11 8:20 am 

Ukkmaster wrote:
mmcgeach wrote:
stuff

Hate to break it to you, but Persist says it comes back into play under Owner's control, meaning your opponent would get the Clever Impersonator, not you.

NOOOO!!!!! :(

Glint-Eye Nephilim (combat tricks, card draw, & creature pump)
Oloro Upkeep Tribal (enchantment-based control)
and more:Decklists

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-05 2:12 pm 

Was playing in a four-player game with my Godo, Bandit Warlord deck the other day and I managed to equip him with, among other things, Quietus Spike and Kusari-Gama. I had fun explaining to my friend that if he didn't block me, he would lose half his life, and if he did block me, all his creatures would die.

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-05 5:25 pm 

Zirilan of the Claw wrote:
Was playing in a four-player game with my Godo, Bandit Warlord deck the other day and I managed to equip him with, among other things, Quietus Spike and Kusari-Gama. I had fun explaining to my friend that if he didn't block me, he would lose half his life, and if he did block me, all his creatures would die.

Quietus Spike is an all-star. I have it in my Stonebrow all-trample deck, and it makes for very awkward blocking scenarios.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-05 6:04 pm 

Zirilan of the Claw wrote:

Kusari Gama deals the damage so it would not have deathtouch attached to it... Unless 3 damage was actually enough to wipe his field.

Ronin Cliffrider was an allstar when I had a Godo Deck... especially with Quietus Spike out. Great memories.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next