[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 9:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-18 1:22 am 

I registered just now to comment on how disappointed I am in the last 2 pages of this thread.

There's hardly any talk about Prophet of Kruphix at all

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-22 2:01 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-22 2:52 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-27 9:12 am 

I made this account, confirmed the email, and posted here, while my opponent played during my upkeep. Prophet of Kruphix is great....

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 6:31 am 

- cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A .
Duel Commander:
- Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
- Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 6:46 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 7:51 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 7:26 am 

Joz is finally happy.

But i am really going to miss Prophet, even though it's for the best :(

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 7:37 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 7:43 am 

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 8:12 am 

- cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A .
Duel Commander:
- Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
- Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 8:25 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 8:27 am 

I can imagine the internal debate over banning Prophet. On the one hand, it was a powerful, centralizing creature with green in its casting cost. All the blue decks loved it. History has shown that won't be tolerated. Centralizing green cards just can't be. On the other hand, it was a game changing blue value engine, and like Deadeye Navigator and Teferi, history has shown them to be immune from the bans. Broken is part of blue's color pie, after all. Here we have a card that is both simultaneously.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 9:19 am 

I'm still trying to understand when Prophet become that broken that it gets banned?

I would like to thank the Admin of MTGcommander.net for ruining commander for our play group. Banning Prophet of Kruphix now allows for the control player who play Sen Triplets and Memnarch to freely go about stealing our cards and playing them against us more easily, I really don't think you thought about these rule changes.

NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO PLAY CONTROL!!!!!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 9:46 am 

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next