Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Dec-13 10:22 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-18 1:22 am 

Joined: 2015-Sep-18 1:19 am
Age: Egg
I registered just now to comment on how disappointed I am in the last 2 pages of this thread.

There's hardly any talk about Prophet of Kruphix at all


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-22 2:01 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
Sam I am wrote:
I registered just now to comment on how disappointed I am in the last 2 pages of this thread.

There's hardly any talk about Prophet of Kruphix at all

That happens. It's because no one really has anything new to add, so the conversations starts to drift.

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-22 2:52 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Dec-03 3:16 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Sam I am wrote:
I registered just now to comment on how disappointed I am in the last 2 pages of this thread.

There's hardly any talk about Prophet of Kruphix at all

That happens. It's because no one really has anything new to add, so the conversations starts to drift.


Let's face it this post was pretty much 35 pages of nothing new.

_________________
Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.


With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-27 9:12 am 

Joined: 2015-Sep-27 9:10 am
Age: Hatchling
I made this account, confirmed the email, and posted here, while my opponent played during my upkeep. Prophet of Kruphix is great....


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 6:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-May-09 10:39 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Bantheprophet wrote:
I made this account, confirmed the email, and posted here, while my opponent played during my upkeep. Prophet of Kruphix is great....


Yep. I do hope it gets the axe but it looks like "No Changes" is the new normal. That's not entirely a bad thing as it allows us to just keep playing our decks, but it would be nice to have an occasional shake-up or ban down the road. We'll see though.

_________________
Generals:
Jasmine Boreal - Flower power! Nature/Justice/Retribution themed casual fun.
Radha, Heir to Keld - All white-bordered!
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 6:46 am 

Joined: 2015-Aug-24 3:27 am
Age: Wyvern
CrazyPierre wrote:
Yep. I do hope it gets the axe but it looks like "No Changes" is the new normal. That's not entirely a bad thing as it allows us to just keep playing our decks, but it would be nice to have an occasional shake-up or ban down the road. We'll see though.


Unban shake-ups are much nicer then ban shakeups. Every aspect of PoK has pretty much been covered in this thread, I really hope it stays.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 7:51 am 

Joined: 2012-Mar-31 11:52 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Justen wrote:
CrazyPierre wrote:
Yep. I do hope it gets the axe but it looks like "No Changes" is the new normal. That's not entirely a bad thing as it allows us to just keep playing our decks, but it would be nice to have an occasional shake-up or ban down the road. We'll see though.


Unban shake-ups are much nicer then ban shakeups. Every aspect of PoK has pretty much been covered in this thread, I really hope it stays.

MTGS is pretty PoKed out as well. By now the RC has all the ammo they need to stay well informed on her.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 7:26 am 

Joined: 2014-Sep-13 7:28 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Joz is finally happy.

But i am really going to miss Prophet, even though it's for the best :(


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 7:37 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Dec-25 1:37 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Sovarius wrote:
Joz is finally happy.

But i am really going to miss Prophet, even though it's for the best :(

I'm wondering if he'll return anytime soon now that his wish has been fulfilled.

_________________
Name: Night of the Ninja
General: Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow
Archetype: Aggro

Name: Enraged Wilds
General: Marath, Will of the Wild
Archetype: Aggro-Control

Name: Draconic Domination
General: The Ur-Dragon
Archetype: Midrange


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 7:43 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2014-Sep-30 6:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Maluko wrote:
Sovarius wrote:
Joz is finally happy.

But i am really going to miss Prophet, even though it's for the best :(

I'm wondering if he'll return anytime soon now that his wish has been fulfilled.


He may have died for our sins, but in the end he saved us...

Actually just checked his blog. He mentioned the ban on his latest post, but it was literally just that. Maybe this was so big he felt he could not add to perfection lol.

_________________
Making a deck list? Then use http://manabase.com/autocard.php or Joz will kill you...

Current Decks:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 8:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-May-09 10:39 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Sovarius wrote:
Joz is finally happy.

But i am really going to miss Prophet, even though it's for the best :(


My happiness level has died down somewhat but I'm still ecstatic. Stupid card is gone, Momir is slightly more manageable now. Good work all around.

_________________
Generals:
Jasmine Boreal - Flower power! Nature/Justice/Retribution themed casual fun.
Radha, Heir to Keld - All white-bordered!
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 8:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
Maluko wrote:
I'm wondering if he'll return anytime soon now that his wish has been fulfilled.

Given that he abandoned this site for more or less the dumbest reason imaginable (which had nothing to do with PoK)... I doubt it, but we'll see.

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 8:27 am 

Joined: 2015-Sep-02 2:49 am
Age: Drake
Location: Connecticut
I can imagine the internal debate over banning Prophet. On the one hand, it was a powerful, centralizing creature with green in its casting cost. All the blue decks loved it. History has shown that won't be tolerated. Centralizing green cards just can't be. On the other hand, it was a game changing blue value engine, and like Deadeye Navigator and Teferi, history has shown them to be immune from the bans. Broken is part of blue's color pie, after all. Here we have a card that is both simultaneously.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 9:19 am 

Joined: 2016-Jan-18 9:11 am
Age: Hatchling
I'm still trying to understand when Prophet become that broken that it gets banned?

I would like to thank the Admin of MTGcommander.net for ruining commander for our play group. Banning Prophet of Kruphix now allows for the control player who play Sen Triplets and Memnarch to freely go about stealing our cards and playing them against us more easily, I really don't think you thought about these rule changes.

NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO PLAY CONTROL!!!!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about...Prophet of Kuphrix
AgePosted: 2016-Jan-18 9:46 am 

Joined: 2011-Aug-18 3:35 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Omni-Blade wrote:
NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO PLAY CONTROL!!!!!


Which is why it's good that Prophet is banned. Untapped mana on every turn is a control player's dream.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: