[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Kozilek the Great Distortion

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 9:11 am

Post subject: Re: Kozilek the Great Distortion
AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 11:03 am 

What stopped him from being stolen or cloned?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 11:44 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 12:25 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 8:36 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-30 10:08 am 

What was 1 in 10,000?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-30 10:27 am 

(henceforth, Special K) is easily the least obnoxious of all the in-print legendary eldrazi. I'd even say it's less obnoxious than some of the NON-legendary eldrazi, such as or .

Special K is not indestructible. It has no built-in shroud or protection. It has menace, which is an easily beatable form of evasion, and in EDH you'll often have 2 creatures that can block it and kill it, with a decent chance you only lose one of the two in the process. It can counter spells IF the player happens to have a spell of that CMC in hand. AND, unlike every other titan, it has no obnoxious as crap attack trigger.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-30 10:42 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-30 11:44 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-01 9:22 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-01 9:30 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-01 1:20 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-01 2:53 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-02 1:56 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-02 2:36 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-02 5:47 am 

Thank you everyone for your perspective and discussion thus far. I am quite happy to find as many replies to this as there are.

As mentioned, when a card is oppressive when used with other very powerful cards, the card itself is not necessarily oppressive. I have had from the beginning the suspicion that my problems with Kozi are really just amplified by the stars aligning in its favor. Perhaps my disdain is really just shell shock from seeing Kozi out-oppress two decks designed to oppress everyone (horrible game with little fun for anyone and totally not a match up that will be repeated).

The potential to oppress is not oppression and doesn't make banning an eventuality. I do thank everyone for reminding me of this.

I guess the oppression is mainly from clever deck building after all, but its hard to describe how...... surprising the ramp and hand advantage the individual deck has, and I still feel there is a disconnect between how is power looks and how it plays. It's weird, we used to (and still kinda do) joke to the player that he didn't know how to counter spells and now he has this colorless deck that I find more difficult to deal with then most of the Mono-blue "NO!" I've played against.

Offline Profile