[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Using cards against their owners 101 - Funny

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 5:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Using cards against their owners 101 - Funny
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-16 7:39 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-17 12:07 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-17 3:50 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-17 12:05 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-20 9:02 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-20 8:17 pm 

Generals:
too many, and always changing... except:

Rakdos, Lord of Riots (Demon Tribal)
Melek, Izzet Paragon (Dragonstorm) -> these must stay because of a house rule

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-21 9:24 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-25 7:42 am 

Opponent playing : ", conspired, conspired. I have 320 plant tokens."

Me: ". You take 640 damage."

- Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-25 8:15 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-25 6:46 pm 

- Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 1:13 am 

Six player game generals aren't overly relevant. Life totals are all in the mid teens with the exception of the mono red Ashling that was over 200 thanks to a on a large life linker. I had a board state that would be able to start killing everyone else next turn but it would still take a while to get that Ashling player down.

Thankfully(?) mono green spike had a shaman of the in play that he was threatening to use on his turn. As the control deck at the table I had the opportunity to stop him but I saw a better line of play and let him untap with it. He drops a few creatures and tokens into play (Nykthos/Cradle, Deserted Temple, untap both with Garruk, yadda yadda...) and then activates the shaman... "In response, Overloaded Rift" ...Thunderous laughter ensues and one player managed to a creature in after the bounce to go to 1 but the rest of the table just died.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-06 3:24 pm 

Game report:
Late stages of a 4 player game on MTGO. One player had built up an absurd amount of life with thier trostani deck (I'm talking , , absurd). They also had a commanding board presence so they put felidar soverign into play and immediately put it under oblivion ring. They felt the game was sealed since my wrath effect to clear the board would end up leaving felidar in play for the win.

The only thing keeping us alive was a pair of and a .

Myself and the other two players spend a bit of time trying to work out how to deal with the problem presented by the felidar player. No-one seemed to have the right combination of removal to get rid of the o-ring and soverign inside the turn cycle. A couple turn cycles passed and a plan began to form in my mind, so I sat waiting to strike.

The player to Trostani's left went for the disenchant on O-ring, leaving soverign exposed, evidently P3 had found something. Shift to P3 who throws a sorcery kill spell at it, I move in and dissipate the kill spell. The other two look to me confused (through their computers):
"why would you do that?"
"He probably just wants to get the game finished, it's been a long one"
I give no reply. P3 ends their turn and I respond by tapping my brain in a jar, place the sixth counter and reveal . The soverign is mine and with 43 life, I take the game.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Nov-16 1:01 pm 

Last night I took out my Selvala2 deck and had the most hilarious loss in some time. The fame got off to a relatively slow start for me, but started to ramp up on T4 after the Rakdos player cast . I cast , and , and sacked Polukranos to . Then the player cast . It ended up doing well for me T5, netting me a , , and .

On my T6 I cast a one drop creature, which turned into . I then tapped Selvala for 6 (Nylea), doubled Hero's Bane, untapped with Symbiote, tapped for 8, doubled twice, untapped with , tapped for 32, doubled eight times, tapped Karametra's Acolyte for 7, and doubled 2 more times, leaving me with a 32,768/32,768 Trampling Hero's Bane. Since it was still summoning sick, I passed turn. The only interesting thing that happened as the board went around was Heartless Hidegetsu casting an enchantment, and turning up .

On my T7 I cast a sorcery, hoping for , and got instead, creating 32,768 1/1 Saprolings. Then I attacked Hidegetsu for 65,536 trample damage, because Possibility Storm was annoying me. This was a mistake, as it turned out.

After I passed Rakdos dropped , killing me very, very dead.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-11 2:35 pm 

I had just put together my Jundifacts deck, built with +1/+1 counters and modular in mind. My friend had never played against it before and I wasn't about to tell him what it was all about. But boy did he find out.

Turn 1 I dropped . Turn 2 I was able to get out . So I was thinking I was off to a pretty good start.

Well, on his turn 2, he casts on my constrictor. I was pretty bummed out... "Lemme read that" I say, as I grab for it. That's when I realized he had just given me an indestructible artifact creature.

It all went downhill from there for him. I used the rest of our short match focusing all the counters onto him lol. He wasn't able to get out from under a progressively growing bug. Beat him right to death with his own card he so graciously gave me. By the end of it he had like 24 counters with an out.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-05 2:53 am 

So I uh, recently did some pretty dirty stuff against a deck- at the Nekusar pilot's birthday party no less (shaaaaame.) That said, Nekusar decks are torture devices, and I take no pity in facerolling as hard as possible with those sort of "seimo-kill-from-nowhere" specific generals.

gave me a copy of Nekusar, which he had thought to use to increase how quickly Nekusar would grind me out. During my upkeep I cast , drew 3, cracked a to remove his Nekusar.

Later in the game, he played Nekusar again, with the Artisans littering the field... So, after recieving my copy of the Nekusar, and turn being passed, I cast on his Nekusar to deal damage to him, get his commander tax to +8, and put him a particularly precarious lifetotal wherein he needed the third player to not be brave enough to alpha strike him (this player had been locked onto me for most of the game.)

After both players went for my lifetotal, and we had all ground down into less than 15 life scenarios, I got to -1 and blow them both out of the water (since both players were counting on blockers.)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next