[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Battlebond

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 8:46 pm

Post subject: Re: Battlebond
AgePosted: 2018-May-30 4:07 am 

If you make Pir your commdaner, your color identity means you can't put Toothy in your deck. Notably, Pir (all the partners with folk) cannot partner with others. So you can't pair Pir with Will Kenrith, Rashmi, or Thrasios and have Toothy in your deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-30 4:11 am 

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re-Education and Re-Introduction into the wild
AgePosted: 2018-May-31 12:50 am 

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Re-Education and Re-Introduction into the wild
AgePosted: 2018-May-31 1:35 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-31 2:59 am 

I saw one for trade last week at my LGS. If the dude is back today I'll see what I can do.

-> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-31 6:39 am 

If you can't get a card in foil, why not get a sweet alter? Meghan Markle would make a nice queen.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-31 11:27 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-02 7:43 am 

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Callin' it early, callin' it late
AgePosted: 2018-Jun-02 9:38 am 

Now that we are a week from release I think we can safely conclude which cards are good and which are not, also what will have lasting value in the set. ; )

seems to be following the pre-release curve. Went from $3 to $6 and is sitting at $10/$12 now as a WUBURG commander with powerful abilities but no clear deck outside of casual formats. I'm hoping I open one at the 2HG prerelease, though apparently we still only open 6 packs to build 2 decks, so my odds aren't quite as good as I hoped.

is at the "errybody wants it pre but it's probably gonna tank" $14-$15 point. I just realized it + + any permanent that generates 2 mana on ETB goes infinite. Man, Felidar Guardian's busted, no wonder it's banned in standard.

People suspect will do stuff in eternal formats, but for commander it mostly gets and the tutors.

goes in which is apparently down to $2.50, when did that stop being a groaner in the format?

Oh, right, and has some buzz. Not sure how good it will be in Commander though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-04 3:42 am 

The hardest thing is going to be waiting a couple more weeks for prices to settle before I start ordering singles. I keep putting a bunch of BBD in my TCGplayer cart, then throwing up in my mouth a little at the $ total. UGH.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-05 12:03 am 

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-09 5:27 pm 

Someone locally is selling off the Kenrith twins on Facebook - apparently they have an offer for $100NZD (about $70USD)

:O

Someone is crazy.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-09 10:36 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-10 7:06 am 

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown () ♦ BW Enchantments ()

Offline Profile