Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-17 9:16 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: House Rules Thread
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-06 7:04 pm 

specter404 wrote:
I am going to make a leap here, so I am sorry if I am wrong, but I have to guess that English is not your main language. In which case I understand you dont intend to be rude.

Yes, you are correct, its not, I would like to thank you all for your input, regarding our strange houserules, the group have had an extensive discussion regarding the houserules (initiated by me, thanks to you guys forcing me to evaluate our game play) which actually, thanks to some highlighted cards made no sense whatsoever and all houserules are now turned off, we are playing the game as intended.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-29 2:53 am 

Our Group's Two Simple Houserules:

1. We count turns (1 turn meaning everyone has taken 1 turn). When the first player is eliminated, we start counting backwards. When it reaches 0, we end the game regardless of game state. Sometimes people get knocked out early and then the game goes on for 2 hours, and that sucks. This house rule ensures that no one sits out more than half the time.

2. Whoever gets knocked out first gets to pick what decks everyone plays next round (they have to pick from that person's own decks, of course). So we don't see the same brutal decks every time, and the person who got knocked out first gets to stack the table in their favor for the next round. If multiple people lose simultaneously (say, because someone combo'd out and killed everyone at once), then all players knocked out collectively decide on the decks of the player or players that weren't, and then pick their own decks as normal.

These are simple and easy to implement, don't change anything about the deckbuilding or playing rules, but have gone a LONG way to ensuring a very healthy format for us.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-29 4:43 am 

^ That's really cool, i would love to try something like that. I never have a regular group though and the people i do regularly play with can generally feel out the proper power level to play at.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-11 10:54 am 
EDH Rules Committee

I like the turn count idea. Might try that when spell-slinging to make sure that everyone gets a chance to play.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-11 9:07 pm 

The group at my local LGS uses one Free muligan to 7 as the only house rule.

My wife and I have a house deck construction rule. No Off Colour fetch allowed From among the Onslaight/Zendikar Fetch.. Off colour other fetch such as Panoramas and Tap fetch (Mirage) allowed.

This is due to budgetary constraints partially and partially for flavour

I have no problem playing against someone who wants to play off colour fetch I just personally can't afford a Delta, Strand, Tarn, Misty for every Blue deck I own
So Dimir Gets Delta, Izzet Tarn, Simic Misty and Azorius Tarn.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jun-12 12:01 am 

evil eyeball wrote:
The group at my local LGS uses one Free muligan to 7 as the only house rule.

That's actually an official Multiplayer rule:

"800.5. In a multiplayer game, the first time a player takes a mulligan, they draw a new hand of as many cards as they had before. Subsequent hands decrease by one card as normal."

I find your off color fetch rule pretty reasonable, though I don't build competitively enough I'd even want to need off color fetches in a regular deck (with the exception I might use a panorama in a two-color deck or a wedge deck, because they're cheap, but I'd probably just use Evolving Wilds and Myriad Landscape).

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8