Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-10 10:55 am

Post subject: Price Check: Artist signed Foil Anger
AgePosted: 2018-Oct-29 10:00 pm 

Hey folks,

I have a NM foil Anger from Judgment signed by John Avon - anyone have any idea what that might be worth? SCG is out of stock of Foil Angers and has them listed at $20, Cardkingdom has 5 EX ones at $16 each.

Basically, does having John Avon's signature on it make it any more valuable?

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Price Check: Artist signed Foil Anger
AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 12:04 am 

Only rare signatures make cards more expensive, otherwise they tend to be similarly priced to a bit lower due to the difficulty of selling them (many consider a signature to be a grade lower, if not more, personally I treat it like inking as I have such a terrible time getting rid of signed cards). Considering they start at around 10 euros on MCM without signature I suspect $12 would be quite fair, $15 sounds like it'd be a very good sale and any more would be impressive.

I dance all night and I sleep all day

3 Steps Ahead - I'm A Gabber

Automatically add card tags to the card names in any text:
http://manabase.com/autocard.php

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 1:04 am 

Looking at what has sold on Ebay it seems that signed versions are about $5 to $10 higher.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 3:13 am 

Every time I see threads like this I randomly check a couple of my money cards and clear my search history in case my wife is spying on me. Foil cardboard shouldn't be worth that much!! :shock:

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 5:11 am 

Generally speaking- I've found that signing has a similar effect on a card price as "HP" listing. Signed binders tend to have mark downs- and many vendors or stores sell them as something like "Buy 2 Get 1"- even if they're tourney playable- the exceptions are usually for extreme chase cards (think Terese Nielson singed Force of Will.)

For example, this weekend at SCG Concord/Charlotte- My friend got an Elesh V for $10. While there's a good chance that it's just as tournament playable with LSV's graffiti on it; if we were to hypothetically do that, we would need to present it to the HJ of an event- where it's perfect for EDH- because EDH decks are collectors items in-and-of themselves.

TCG listings for MP set foil Angers is $13-16 as of making this post. If I were interested in it, I would offer $15, or trade for upwards of $25 "worth" of cards (but in that situation, we'd be in the same playgroup- so I'd be collecting cards with you in mind.)

Good luck, getting your pretty penny out of it though- that sounds like an awesome collector piece- and if any of my friends who really dig John Avon are interested (and you actually want to sell it-) then I'll hit you up :D

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 5:21 am 

Great thanks all :) Mr D, check your pm's :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile