[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Ravnica Allegiance

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 2:54 pm

Post subject: Re: Ravnica Allegiance
AgePosted: 2019-Jan-04 11:16 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-05 1:02 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-05 10:09 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-05 2:49 pm 

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-06 2:03 am 

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-07 3:19 am 

So far all of the CCDD cards are meh...

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-07 7:18 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-07 8:28 am 

When I said that, I meant the CCDD uncommons. The Wrath is pretty decent, I will likely play it in most if not all BW or BW/x decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-08 9:05 am 

The problem with the WWBB Wrath is that Fumigate exists and is better. Sure it costs 1 more, but is still easier to cast overall, can be played in way more decks, and will likely gain you 2x or 3x more life, on average.

Also, I'd run Wrath/Day/Damnation/Austere/Merciless Eviction all before I'd even consider this, outside some highly niche cases. But, I mean, it looks cool and gets the job done so if you just need a budget sweeper and you're in Orzhov I wouldn't scoff at you for running this.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-08 9:58 am 

WOWSERS

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-09 7:10 am 

I think that may be the only split card in this whole block that I actually like!

Meanwhile, this:
... looks pretty spicy in the right decks.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-09 7:20 am 

- Sac outlet
- Forced sac by opponents
- Card draw
- Net mana gain

What's not to like? I guess the once-per-turn thing is a bit of a downside but this is pretty good.

Edited to add: Someone on reddit pointed out that Thornbite Staff turns this into a machine gun, if you have enough fodder to sac

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-10 10:06 am 

with thornbite staff I would want to have a grave crawler or reassembling skeleton (or both) ready to go.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-11 8:31 am 

is allllmost perfect there.

: Rebel Elf Ball
: Foxes are a strong tribal, right?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-11 10:17 am 

and or pretty much any of the above with .

Offline Profile