Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-21 7:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2018
AgePosted: 2019-Jan-18 5:17 am 

All prizes have gone out to our winners (except Tim's mystery alters).

Grixmas 2018 is closed.

Thank you everyone for another successful season.

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-07 2:44 pm 

The blessings of Bolas have arrived, and truly are they glorious! Behold...

Also a big thanks to slave Proctor for this one...

EDIT: Sorry for the bad rotation on those - imgur refused to save the rotations I made... probably because I don't have an account or something.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-07 3:10 pm 

Glad you got it, I figured you could use another Cell/Drana to finish out the DBZ deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-08 1:45 am 

Curses you got 3 more... and he even put them on the right CMC for the number of stars.

Might have to look for a Lotus Guardian to alter...

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-08 2:47 am 

How strong is the DBZ deck btw?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-08 9:34 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Curses you got 3 more... and he even put them on the right CMC for the number of stars.

Isn't he supposed to "hunt" the seventh Dragonball?

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-08 10:06 am 

Edinger wrote:

It's power level is...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-10 3:27 am 

Edinger wrote:

Tim beat me to the joke answer, so I'll give a real one. It's a tribal vampire deck, but Drana/Imperfect Cell is a pretty legitimate threat, especially given the number of mana doublers and big mana lands I'm running, she can often kill in one or two hits, while drinking all of the things. So I'd say reasonably strong, but not like tier 1 kill the table turn 3 kind of strong. It's a hard question to answer, as the strength of a deck is pretty meta-dependent.

Here's a link to my decklist post. It hasn't been updated in quite a while, but the list hasn't changed THAT much.

Inkeyes22 wrote:

Not sure if serious, but I wouldn't run it, as it isn't a vampire and would thus violate the tribal theme of the deck.

Treamayne wrote:
Isn't he supposed to "hunt" the seventh Dragonball?

I wonder if I could convince my group to let me cast a free Demonic Tutor if I have all 7 in play at once?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-10 8:16 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

Not sure if serious, but I wouldn't run it, as it isn't a vampire and would thus violate the tribal theme of the deck.

I was somewhat serious, so maybe I just make a Charcoal Diamond or Sphere of the Suns into the 7 ball and send it...?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-10 10:50 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

I was somewhat serious, so maybe I just make a Charcoal Diamond or Sphere of the Suns into the 7 ball and send it...?

With no good 7 CMC mana-rocks (only Altar of Shadows IIRC); Astral Cornucopia or Everflowing Chalice could fit the bill. All are great with proliferate effects.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-19 10:06 pm 

It took a while to get through international shipping and customs, but my prize finally arrived.

Here's my Grixmas 2018 prizes album. Also starring my kitchen counter.

It had an additional surprise beyond just the album of card alters which I'm going to take for a spin at my FLGS sometime in the next few weeks.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-20 2:08 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:

So this has been bothering me for a while, I know that it was a gift as so you can do with it whatever you want... but does this mean that Guardian Beast is not in the deck either? It would be pretty sad if that is the case.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-21 12:31 pm 

spacemonaut wrote:
It took a while to get through international shipping and customs, but my prize finally arrived.

It had an additional surprise beyond just the album of card alters which I'm going to take for a spin at my FLGS sometime in the next few weeks.

Great job Tim. Way to go over the top.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10