Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-17 9:23 am

Post subject: I think we need a new Rule for the new [WAR] Gods.
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 6:08 am 

In the new set WAR we are getting 5 Legendary Creatures of type God with the ability:

Code:
When God-Eternal Kefnet dies or is put into exile from the battlefield, you may put it into its owner’s library third from the top.

The cards: https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=type%3Agod+set%3Awar

The Problem
If you use the ability and you or opponent make you shuffle your deck you will have to shuffle your commander(that probably has a different sleeve) in your deck

Now the rules say: "If a Commander would be put into a library, hand, graveyard or exile from anywhere, its owner may choose to move it to the command zone instead."

The Solution(?)
Could add a extra part: "If you would shuffle your library with your Commander inside, you may move it to the Command Zone."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I think we need a new Rule for the new [WAR] Gods.
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 6:27 am 

That's the risk you take for trying to bypass the Commander tax. I still wish tuck was around. You kids these days don't know how good you've got it with replacement effects.

*yells at a cloud*

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 8:14 am 

The need to protect the meekest of commander players from anything happening to things they cast or want to cast has to have some limits. If a player is worried about losing their commander to a shuffle after choosing to put it, what, three from the top(?), they can opt for the replacement effect already granted to them when it would enter the library. Anything more than that seems like unnecessary coddling.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 8:56 am 

cryogen wrote:
That's the risk you take for trying to bypass the Commander tax. I still wish tuck was around. You kids these days don't know how good you've got it with replacement effects.

*yells at a cloud*

Dang whippersnappers have no idea what it was like back in the day when horrors like Braids, Erayo and Rofellos were free to wreak havoc. Back in my day we had to deal with Prime Times and Sylvan Primordials and all manner of nastiness. It put hair on your peaches, I tell you hwhut. I heard a kid just the other day complaining about his Scarab God not being vegan.
#MakeEDHgreatagain

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 9:30 am 

HeliaXDemoN wrote:
The Problem
If you use the ability and you or opponent make you shuffle your deck you will have to shuffle your commander(that probably has a different sleeve) in your deck

Now the rules say: "If a Commander would be put into a library, hand, graveyard or exile from anywhere, its owner may choose to move it to the command zone instead."

The Solution(?)
Could add a extra part: "If you would shuffle your library with your Commander inside, you may move it to the Command Zone."

You had that option when the God died/got exiled. You have to live with the consequences of your choices.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 4:59 pm 

The solution is to mill or exile your library, then you can put your commander back into the command zone.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 9:19 pm 

Instead of griping about how they can't bypass commander tax safely, rejoice for their ability to trigger Grave Pact and other "dies" triggers without getting stuck in your graveyard.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-26 7:21 am 

Tip: bring with you sleeves of the same color as the rest of your deck.

Once I let Gishath go to the graveyard as the result of being blocked by a deathtoucher, and with his ability on the stack I cast Reinforcements targeting him. My oponent then waited for Reinforcements to resolve and then made all players shuffle their library. I cried on the inside but kept playing the game. It was epic anyways.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-27 9:45 pm 

cryogen wrote:

*yells at a cloud*

kirkusjones wrote:
Dang whippersnappers have no idea what it was like back in the day when horrors like Braids, Erayo and Rofellos were free to wreak havoc. Back in my day we had to deal with Prime Times and Sylvan Primordials and all manner of nastiness. It put hair on your peaches, I tell you hwhut. I heard a kid just the other day complaining about his Scarab God not being vegan.
#MakeEDHgreatagain

This thread is some solid comedy gold.

petruscaex wrote:
Tip: bring with you sleeves of the same color as the rest of your deck.
Once I let Gishath go to the graveyard as the result of being blocked by a deathtoucher, and with his ability on the stack I cast Reinforcements targeting him. My oponent then waited for Reinforcements to resolve and then made all players shuffle their library. I cried on the inside but kept playing the game. It was epic anyways.

This is why I just sleeve my Commander in the same sleeves as the 99. Often enough, I'll want my Commander to go back to my hand or library.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-29 10:18 am 

Who is buying one sleeve of a different colour? Seems incredibly wasteful to buy a pack sleeves and only use one :P

If this is a big enough problem for you, put your commander in the normal sleeve and then into a top loader. That keeps it separate for storage and usable during play.

Also if your opponent manages to make you shuffle your deck during the 3 or less turns after you chose to put your commander into it, then they deserve to have tucked your commander, the earned it.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-29 3:24 pm 

I personally don't see how getting your commander tucked by trying to count on these gods' abilities is any different from choosing to keep your commander in the graveyard and then having someone counter your Reanimate.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-30 1:32 am 

specter404 wrote:
Who is buying one sleeve of a different colour? Seems incredibly wasteful to buy a pack sleeves and only use one :P

If this is a big enough problem for you, put your commander in the normal sleeve and then into a top loader. That keeps it separate for storage and usable during play.

Also if your opponent manages to make you shuffle your deck during the 3 or less turns after you chose to put your commander into it, then they deserve to have tucked your commander, the earned it.

That's why you build 100 commander decks, duh.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-30 11:35 am 

I am for this plan of 100 commander decks.
I'm 1/3rd of the way there. 2/5ths if you count the decks I've built for my wife.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-30 12:27 pm 

All of my commanders (I have 32 decks in paper atm) have the same sleeve as the rest of the deck. Much less screwing around if weird stuff happens.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-30 8:56 pm 

Viperion wrote:
All of my commanders (I have 32 decks in paper atm) have the same sleeve as the rest of the deck. Much less screwing around if weird stuff happens.
Yup. My solution to differentiate the commander is to get the oversleeves that are designed to go over normal sleeves. Sleeve your commander in the normal deck sleeves, then put one of these over it. The only ones I can find still being made are the design-less Ultra-Pro ones, but some of the other ones can be picked up cheaply on eBay (search ultra pro sleeve covers to find them).

I find it even better than sleeving in a different color sleeve, since the slightly larger size lets you pull it straight from the deck without searching if you accidentally shuffle it in. The increase in size is small enough that it'll still fit in your deck box. If you need to shuffle the card into the deck or otherwise "lose" it for gameplay reasons, you just pull the outer sleeve off.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile