Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-14 11:46 pm

Post subject: The little things, they add up...
AgePosted: 2019-May-26 2:11 pm 

Out of interest, I just totalled up my 31* EDH decks using deckstats pricing method.

It's rather a lot more than I was expecting.

Just over 7,500USD, or 11,500 in the local currency.

I'm pretty stunned. This is from someone who doesn't own any dual lands, or anything I'd remotely consider "expensive".

Imma need to lie down now :P

*The Chromatic Project - one deck (Yidris) to go!

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The little things, they add up...
AgePosted: 2019-May-26 2:45 pm 

Yup.

I've never attempted such a calculation, but I'm in much the same boat - I have quite a few decks (not 31 though) and a lot of them would probably be worth much more than I expect. This has a lot to do with me acquiring cards when they were much MUCH cheaper - usually near their original release. Example - I own 4 copies of Damnation. Most I got through drafts, and the one I bought cost me $10 US. At one point they were $50 a pop. I had a playset of Dark Depths, acquired prior to the explosion of Thopter-Depths in Extended. I got them for less than $1 each. The secondary market is insane.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-27 4:50 am 

I started to do the same with the 31 decks I have currently (I'm also doing the gamut of each color combo) and stopped after 4 so far when the numbers were $3300USD, $1250USD, $345USD, and $575USD.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-27 9:51 am 

I added up a couple of pages of decks I have on tappedout which links over to tcgplayer (there are about 7 pages total, but I haven't put all of my decks on there), and got to around $5500--so the grand total is going to be quite some number. That being said, I don't bother considering foil basic lands or full-art basic lands which can also start adding up quickly.

It adds up really quickly.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-27 10:43 am 

Over 36 decks... all use full art basics (except for my monoblack and blue which are snow. )

I know the average card value is over $1... I've got too many duals and walkers.

Maybe I should total things up.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-28 9:08 am 

niheloim wrote:
Over 36 decks... all use full art basics (except for my monoblack and blue which are snow. )

I know the average card value is over $1... I've got too many duals and walkers.

Maybe I should total things up.

At least you'll be able to full art those Snow lands soon!

Offline Profile