Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-23 10:07 am

Post subject: Re: Heliod, God of the Sun
AgePosted: 2014-Feb-28 7:22 am 

Eidolon of Countless Battles seems like he would provide an indeterminate-but-large number of battles.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 3:12 am 

Well, it's been 5 years since I last posted an update to this... hasn't really changed a TON, but I have powered it up some. The friends I was trying to not roflstomp every game are no longer around to worry about not roflstomping, so I went ahead and included things like Eldrazi Monument that I'd been avoiding.

My biggest issue these days is lack of card draw, which is complicated by the fact that I'm not going to add creatures (so no cards like Mentor of the Meek for example).

Cards I'm considering;
-Tamiyo's Journal - Pro: Draws cards and tutors. Con: Slow as balls and mana intensive.
-Geier Reach Sanitarium - Pro: Lets me loot. Con: Lets everyone else loot too.
-Conqueror's Galleon - Pro: I'm a huge fan of this card in red and white decks, both for its ability to draw cards and to recur things from the yard. Con: I'll have to find another one.
-Myth Realized - Not a solution for the card draw issue, but since literally every non-land card in my 99 will power it up, it seems like it could be decent.
-Hall of Heliod's Generosity - This is basically required, both for theme reasons and because what it does is great for this deck.

Any thoughts?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 3:51 am 

Why no creatures?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 4:32 am 

CowsCowsCows wrote:
Why no creatures?

No real reason - I just decided I wanted to focus on enchantments and tokens. Also makes people really sad if they try to Bribery me.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 10:06 am 

Hall of Heliod is an easy include, but the rest seem kinda clunky.

Dawn of Hope is a card that I'm trying to find space for in enchantment decks; it's the activated ability might be redundant in this list if you already have Heliod out, but the card draw trigger still seems fine. I'm also thinking about it with Ashes of the Abhorrent, but Ashes might be a little underpowered.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 10:18 am 

Kemev wrote:
Dawn of Hope

Yeah, that seems worth a try. I don't have a ton of lifelink to trigger it (except the tokens it makes of course, or if True Conviction is in play), but that could be a big help. It's similar to Well of Lost Dreams, except it provides the lifegain to power itself.

Offline Profile