Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-13 6:36 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 1:09 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Who might want Wave of Terror?

Chainer, Dementia Master seems good. Get your opponents stuff into the graveyard so you can reanimate them with Chainer’s ability.

How about Vengeful Archon?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 1:33 am 

Anya, Merciless Angel would probably be the best home for it, as you've got a lot of global damage effects. My favorite idea that just entered my head is to use the Archon in tandem with a mana doubler and Zo-Zu, the Punisher for maximum hilarity.

I'm sure there's a use for Martial Law somewhere in the EDHverse

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 8:04 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

I see Martial Law used as an expensive Darksteel Mutation, but it has the benefit of being able to have the "target" switch if something worse shows up. Being a defensive enchantment, it makes me think some sort of "big enchantment" deck playing cards like Starfield of Nyx and Sphere of Safety and Replenish. The "usual suspects" of enchantress generals (Zur, Estrid, Tuvasa, Daxos the Returned, Uril) all seem to want to go small, so I think this one could be helmed nicely by Hanna, Ship's Navigator.

With no further options, who dons the Dragon Mask?

Current Deck-building Project(s):

Izoni, Thousand Eyed (Elf Tribal-ish)
Building $15-25 "Intro to Commander" Decks for my Local LGS

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 8:53 am 

Jeyal wrote:
Uktabi_Kong wrote:

I see Martial Law used as an expensive Darksteel Mutation, but it has the benefit of being able to have the "target" switch if something worse shows up. Being a defensive enchantment, it makes me think some sort of "big enchantment" deck playing cards like Starfield of Nyx and Sphere of Safety and Replenish. The "usual suspects" of enchantress generals (Zur, Estrid, Tuvasa, Daxos the Returned, Uril) all seem to want to go small, so I think this one could be helmed nicely by Hanna, Ship's Navigator.

With no further options, who dons the Dragon Mask?

Rishkar, Peema Renegade probably wouldn’t mind getting extra ETBs, but I like this in Fblthp, the Lost, since 4U: Draw one is such a great rate for blue.

What about Barrow Ghoul?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 12:45 am 

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
What about Barrow Ghoul?

Personally, I would never play this card in any deck, because having to care about graveyard order is super annoying, but.... I think any general that needs to hit the graveyard to trigger (and wants to then get exiled back to the command zone) miiight play this guy if you had a copy of it on hand and not a single copy of one of the twenty other better options. I'll go with Elenda, the Dusk Rose because you can also choose to sac the ghoul to put a counter on her I guess. Overall super not worth the graveyard order hassle for such an underwhelming card.

What about Armorcraft Judge?

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 6:46 am 

Coco wrote:
What about Armorcraft Judge?

While it's easy (and fair) to say "any +1/+1 counter deck including green" we can probably push it a bit further, by adding white. If your deck is "going tall by going wide" via things like Cathar's Crusade, Juniper Order Ranger, or Good-Fortune Unicorn, Armorcraft Judge refills your hand for four mana. It seems like it would sit pretty comfortably in any Ghave or Daghatar list. (For what it's worth, I've put it in Mowu, Ghave, Skullbriar, and a riot-heavy Grand Warlord Radha, as well).

Scraping the barrel, perhaps, but is there a deck that plays Whirling Catapult?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-24 5:20 am 

Jeyal wrote:
Scraping the barrel, perhaps, but is there a deck that plays Whirling Catapult?

This seems like a tough card to play well. The easiest thing I can think of is playing in Sydri, Galvanic Genius, and then spending 80+ mana to kill everyone. Failing to kill them that way, you set up for Laboratory Maniac.

Not the kind of deck I would play, but, I don't think there is much you can do with this card.

Tell me what you would play Mirrodin Besieged in, where either mode might be good?

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-24 8:42 am 

Sinis wrote:
Tell me what you would play Mirrodin Besieged in, where either mode might be good?

Seems obvious for a Saheeli, the Gifted deck.

How aboot Myth Realized?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-25 12:45 am 

Quote:
How aboot Myth Realized?

Quote:
aboot

Hey bud! If you want to take Myth Realized out for a rip, please look no further than Sram, Senior Edificer. This hoser loves to play all sorts of noncreature spells, but if you really want to go full chooch, I would recommend a cheerios-style build. Slap down a Foundry Inspector or Cloud Key and then play as many 1-drop equipments as you please. That Myth Realized will be bigger than a bull moose. If you want to go fully loaded like a nice poutine, feel free to throw in Puresteel Paladin. Thanks!

Sorry to be a bother, but if anyone could find a place for Boneyard Parley, I would really appreciate it.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-25 6:02 am 

Coco wrote:
Sorry to be a bother, but if anyone could find a place for Boneyard Parley, I would really appreciate it.

Ah yes, Fact or Resurrection.

I think it probably wants to live in a deck with a critical mass of group Resurrection effects; Twilight's Call, Living Death, Pyrrhic Victory, All Hallow's Eve, Patriarch's Bidding, Balthor the Defiled, etc. Boneyard Parley, however, is one-sided, lets you loot your opponents' 'yards, and has the dubious distinction of offering your opponents agency in the matter. That said, if you desperately want a specific pair of creatures from your own graveyard, you can always get what you want if you include a Phyrexian Delver in the mix (... but then, you could just play Ever After).

The boring answer is Kaalia of the Vast; more cheating for the cheater.

I would rather say Whisper, Blood Liturgist. My reasoning is this: if you - or any opponent - has a degenerate creature in the yard, you could prompt some 4-1 splits. Nobody wants to give you a Consecrated Sphinx. For Whisper, more bodies are good bodies. Additionally, in any given 5-creature pool, there are going to be dregs, and Whisper let's you get a marginal refund on them. Basically, they cannot stop you from returning a degenerate creature from your yard if Whisper is on the table.

Who wants Finale of Revelation? (boring, I know, but I opened it in a pack)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-25 10:48 am 

Sinis wrote:
Who wants Finale of Revelation? (boring, I know, but I opened it in a pack)

Boring answer: Mizzix of every X-spell. They play really nice with Mizzix's experience counters.

Maybe(?) more interesting answer: Some U/x combat deck trying to get extra mileage out of Wake Thrasher, playing Palinchron-esque cards "for value." Maybe helmed by Prime Speaker Vannifar, for good clones and easier access to the Thrasher? (Though I suppose seeing PSV and Palinchron I would immediately think combo shenanigans were afoot...)

Who pulls the strings on Hair-Strung Koto?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-25 2:29 pm 

Jeyal wrote:

Blind Seer for sure.

What about Wine of Blood and Iron?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-25 4:31 pm 

Cows5467 wrote:
Jeyal wrote:

Blind Seer for sure.

You're gonna have to explain that one; I don't get the mechanical or flavour connections there

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-26 12:07 am 

Viperion wrote:
Cows5467 wrote:
Jeyal wrote:

Blind Seer for sure.

You're gonna have to explain that one; I don't get the mechanical or flavour connections there

+1. I really like it when people explain their thought processes.

I'm less of a fan when someone posts "Obviously, [a popular theme-related general here that could match, maybe]".

Edit: I might be alone in this, but, for me it's less about the general you pick, and more about the kind of deck the requested card lives in. The last thing I answered was Boneyard Parley, which, frankly, could fit in *anything* (even creature-lite/less decks). But, I posted what I thought would be a good way to use it, instead of as a generic numbers game mass reanimate.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-26 10:51 pm 

Sinis wrote:
I might be alone in this, but, for me it's less about the general you pick, and more about the kind of deck the requested card lives in. The last thing I answered was Boneyard Parley, which, frankly, could fit in *anything* (even creature-lite/less decks). But, I posted what I thought would be a good way to use it, instead of as a generic numbers game mass reanimate.

Not just you, I like reading that stuff. It's the best bit. I try to provide it always myself.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next