Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-14 6:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2019-Jun-27 7:19 am 

I agree. The explanations are the best part- -getting another perspective of how to use a card is great. I figured I would try and see if I could link them together, for the fun of it.

Blind Seer means monoblue, which gives access to a lot of untap shenanigans, ranging from "0" (Merrow Levitator) to "1"(Intruder Alarm) on the "is this card Intruder Alarm-levels of busted" scale?

Blind Seer also plays around with color of spells and permanents, which could let you bend the rules to get extra mileage out of the uber-cheap color specific counterspells, (e.g., Hydroblast, Gainsay) to feed Lullmage Mentor, and in turn, provide more things to tap to the Koto? Guile seems like a complementary plan B.

There's probably a whole deck here? (Though the idea of Lullmage Mentor and Intruder Alarm in the same deck makes me feel dirty.)

Their suggestion of Wine of Blood and Iron as the next card is still active.

Current Deck-building Project(s):

Izoni, Thousand Eyed (Elf Tribal-ish)
Building $15-25 "Intro to Commander" Decks for my Local LGS

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-27 6:37 pm 

Wine of Blood and Iron would go perfect in a Glissa, the Traitor voltron deck. You beef up Glissa with a cup of wine, eventually players might have to block her and in that case you'll have happy hour on your next turn. It's not ideal that it is sacrificed at the end of the turn, but hopefully you'll have something else to pick up when people are forced to chump block her.

Which commander is Snow Hound's master?

Keranos, God of Storms (Curiosity and creatures that deal noncombat damage)
Rasputin Dreamweaver (Voltron and x-spells)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-27 8:58 pm 

Which commander is Snow Hound's master?[/quote]

Isamaru, Hound of Konda for hound tribal.

How about Giant Adephage?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-27 10:02 pm 

Cows5467 wrote:

That doesn't seem to work though — Snow Hound can only bounce a green or blue permanent you control. Also, you can only use the ability at all if you have such a permanent available to target. It seems like in a mono white deck, Snow Hound is just a vanilla 1/1 for {2}{W}. How do you make up the gap under Isamaru?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-28 12:35 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
Cows5467 wrote:

That doesn't seem to work though — Snow Hound can only bounce a green or blue permanent you control. Also, you can only use the ability at all if you have such a permanent available to target. It seems like in a mono white deck, Snow Hound is just a vanilla 1/1 for {2}{W}. How do you make up the gap under Isamaru?

I mean, Hound tribal is probably one of the least supported tribes that gets a new member every set or so. Isamaru would likely be a bad commander for that even though he does help get the party started on T1. Cows5467 please explain your thought process better.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-28 2:21 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:

I mean, Hound tribal is probably one of the least supported tribes that gets a new member every set or so. Isamaru would likely be a bad commander for that even though he does help get the party started on T1. Cows5467 please explain your thought process better.

Yeah, or we can just not feed the troll.

Snow Hound.

I think this could fit into Ephara, God of the Polis, along with Vedalken Mastermind. Ephara likes it when we play creatures, and we'll probably be trying to get some value ETB triggers from our critters. I kind of like the idea of bouncing our own creatures; Curfew is cute, and I've always wanted to play Saving Grasp outside of limited. Ephara can help us draw these one-time effects and make it difficult for our opponents to remove our creatures. Snow Hound isn't the best of these effects, but it this is the place I think it serves best without being completely outclassed by other cards (such as with a commander that includes green, Temur Sabertooth and green's suite of creature tutors).

What's the best way to use The Elderspell?

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-28 3:04 am 

Sinis wrote:
What's the best way to use The Elderspell?

I really want to do a Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath that just gets like 4 emblems with the The Elderspell, but you probably want to run it in a 4c superfriends Atraxa, Praetors' Voice deck and ult some planeswalker for the win. I just don't see a lot of people including PW in their deck... maybe 1-2 so the chances of you getting to hit more than one are pretty low. I guess it would be good against the Atraxa deck too, but it is so situational. As far as I know there is no way to make other peoples creatures into PW or something really janky like that.

Who might want Elkin Lair?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-28 3:25 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:

Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs chaos tribal deck

What about Angelic Skirmisher?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-28 5:41 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:

Hazoret the Fervent (or Neheb the Worthy) can break the symmetry on the Lair's drawback. A "now or never" including this and things like Omen Machine and Uba Mask is a possibility outside of the usual blazing fast aggro that I usually see Hazoret players employ.

How about somewhere else for Omen Machine?

Current Deck-building Project(s):

Izoni, Thousand Eyed (Elf Tribal-ish)
Building $15-25 "Intro to Commander" Decks for my Local LGS

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-28 6:42 am 

Norin the Wary seems like a great choice. His ability fits well with Omen Machine

How about Angelic Arbiter?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-29 5:04 am 

Jeyal wrote:
How about somewhere else for Omen Machine?

I love this in my Seizan, Perverter of Truth group squeeze deck; it fits nicely with Bloodgift Demon, Damnable Pact and several scry effects.

Where can I get the most value out of Soul Foundry?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-29 6:12 am 

intreped wrote:
Where can I get the most value out of Soul Foundry?

Trostani, Selesnya's Voice seems like where you want to be. If you get Armada Wurm on your Soul Foundry or Trostani's Summoner I think you win.

Who might want Epochrasite?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-29 7:08 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:

Jhoira of the Ghitu most likely.

How about Ironclaw Buzzardiers?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-30 2:31 am 

Cows5467 wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

Jhoira of the Ghitu most likely.

Please put in a little more thought, Jhoira of the Ghitu wants to suspend big things like Eldrazi to cheat on mana. https://edhrec.com/commanders/jhoira-of-the-ghitu here are some suggestions on what Jhoira might want... Epochrasite is a speed bump that effectively gets suspend 3. A suggestion would be someone that cares about artifacts or is slow to set up or can sac for value...

Want to try again?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-30 6:57 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Please put in a little more thought, Jhoira of the Ghitu wants to suspend big things like Eldrazi to cheat on mana. https://edhrec.com/commanders/jhoira-of-the-ghitu here are some suggestions on what Jhoira might want... Epochrasite is a speed bump that effectively gets suspend 3. A suggestion would be someone that cares about artifacts or is slow to set up or can sac for value...

Want to try again?

His answer may have been bad, but it was at least an answer. "Any deck that includes Goblin Welder" would be another way to look at it. Or Grenzo. Grenzo, Dungeon Warden would love it.

Anyhoo...

Cows5467 wrote:

Bad card is bad. The blocking restriction makes it terrible, and the conditional flying is meh at best. The only place I could maybe see this card being used is in an orc tribal deck, headed by Zurgo Helmsmasher or Sek'Kuar, and even then it's really bad, especially since there's a bunch of better orcs recently released in Ixalan block and Khans block.

EDIT: Almost forgot... Immolation Shaman.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next