[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Viperion's 32 deck challenge: Colourless: Traxos Dragon-King

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 10:04 am

Post subject: Viperion's 32 deck challenge: Colourless: Traxos Dragon-King
AgePosted: 2019-Jul-04 11:48 am 

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))Traxos, Dragon-King of Tarkir(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Theme: Dragon-Throne/Vehicle crewing shenanigans

Link to deckstats decklist: https://deckstats.net/decks/5132/130427 ... d-of-tarki

Decklist:
//Commander
SB: 1 # !Commander

//THE THRONE

//Vehicles

//Other Creatures
1 #(also removal)

//Untappers

//Things that care about artifacts

//Removal/Draw

//Power pumpers and other random equipment

//Random other Things that are probably coming out when I get more Vehicles

//Mana

Notes: So, what do you do with a severely undercosted 7/7 Trampler? Well OBVIOUSLY you give him defender and an ability to boost your whole team. The idea is you get a bunch of vehicles on to the battlefield, crew one with Traxos, untap him, crew another vehicle, play an artifact to untap him, crew another vehicle, play another artifact to untap him, give your team +7/+7, untap him, give your team another +7/+7, and then swing for the fences. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing. That's what.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Viperion's 32 deck challenge: Colourless: Traxos Dragon-King
AgePosted: 2019-Jul-04 11:48 am 

Most recent changes:

None.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-04 11:52 am 

Cards wanted:

(to find the throne)
(to find the throne)
(to, uh, find the throne)
/ (to find the throne)
(to find the thing)

From Spectrar Ghost:

From Segrus:

From Shabbaman:

Any untappers I've missed?

Last edited by Viperion on 2019-Jul-06 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-05 12:36 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-05 6:57 am 

Awesome thanks :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-05 7:33 am 

I may have missed them mentioned, but also and possibly ? Dross Scorpion definitely less so, but I know it's possible to build around its effect.

Have you gotten to try this deck out yet? I have a Traxos deck, but it is somewhat directionless right now. I realized the synergy between it and and then couldn't come up with much else.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-05 7:39 am 

I'm gonna be playing it about 4 hours from this post :) Will let you know how it goes. I imagine it's going to go much worse than I hope it's going to, but you never know ;)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-06 1:36 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-06 9:29 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-06 11:16 am 

? I use it in my Karn deck. Breaks the game when it hits the table. You could have vehicles crew other vehicles as well. If only for lolz.

Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-06 6:17 pm 

Yeah you're not wrong; I think Paradox Engine is one of those cards that elicits immediate eye-rolling from the rest of the table though. It would be great in this deck, no question (and wouldn't go infinite like nearly every other PE deck). It's out of my price range at the moment in any case.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-06 6:52 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 10:05 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 10:31 am 

Golden Guardian isn't a card I even knew about - it might be ok but (at least in this last game) I spend a lot of mana every turn untapping Traxos or playing artifacts (to untap Traxos) and although the back side of it makes artifact creatures it's using 5 mana to do it, and it's not casting a spell so Traxos doesn't care about it. I'll give it some thought, but I don't think I'll have 5 "spare" mana very often. It's an interesting thought though!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 12:14 pm 

Offline Profile