Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-12 11:32 am

Post subject: Grixmas 2019
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-27 10:26 am 

Grixmas 2019

Timeline:
    End of sign-up: (last date to PM your name for participation)
      23 Oct 19
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to PM your contact information - because, inevitably, people will not include all 5 required items...)
      26 Oct 19
    Send Victim Names: (date by which you will receive a PM with instructions and your victim's name)
      28 Oct 19
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      7 Dec 19

I am running a seasonal power exchange, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret Elder Dragon (I love when they give up their power so easily). If you are interested in receiving (and giving, though it is the receiving season) a card then you must PM me.

---

Your registration PM must include the following (Notes 1-3 are NOT optional, use N/A as needed):
(all five are required for each participant, follow instructions or be denied participation in my Grixmas Ceremony. I highly recommend you copy/paste the below into the PM and fill in all fields.)
    Name
    Address
    Additional Contact see Note 1
    Limiting Information see Note 2
    Regional Information see Note 3

I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. Tracking is not required but is highly encouraged (especially since, for US residents, flat rate Priority mail comes with free tracking and $50 of free insurance). If used, the tracking information should be in the "Package sent" PM as well. For international packages, you must submit the Customs label number (usually in the format "AA########AA" where the final two letters are the two letter code for the country of origin. Many int'l customs numbers that also have a barcode will function as tracking as well (for US senders, you must use the large white Customs form (2976-A) for the customs number to function as a tracking number in participating countries. It will always track until departing the US).

* Failure to PM your contact information by the deadline will preclude inclusion in this season's event.
* Failure to Communicate and/or follow directions (e.g. PM package information when you send or receive) will prevent participation in next year's program. You have been warned.
* Failure to post receipt - When you receive your package, after sending me the confirmation PM, you should post to the thread how awesome (or aweful) your package was. Include pictures. These posts are what enable people to vote for the season ending gifts (if you would like to win, and who doesn't, then your victim will have needed a compelling post about how great you are. Show the person sending to you the same courtesy. If you can't host your pictures, we can coordinate for you to email them to me (or my slave, if any) and we will host them and send you the link to add to your receive post. Failure to include pictures won't get you a one year ban (it just makes you a bad forumite) but failure to post to the thread that you have received the package will.
- It is highly recommended that you take a picture of your package contents before sending. This allows redress should a parcel be lost in the mail (you need contents lists and photos for them to look for the package, at least for US Mail) and it also allows me to request contents pictures should the recipient be unable to post pictures upon receipt of the package.

---

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember, you're not going to get a Black Lotus so keep it realistic and remember these are requests, you are not guaranteed to get any of them). Because I always encourage the defacement of property, alters are always encouraged; especially "sharpy" based alters. Previously successful request schema include:

Linking a decklist from which options may be chosen (if you reference a deck... Link it! If you need an excel sheet to autocard your deck list for posting, PM me.)
    Altered/Promo versions of Generals being played
    Alter Requests - Specific card(s) (something like "Altered Evolving Wilds" - Segrus' request)
    Alter Requests - Specific theme (something like "any card altered to a 'Pokemon theme'" - Sid's Request)
    Cards signed by the sender
    Interesting Generals (altered or not)
    Old cards that would not see printing now (abilities out of rarity or color like Sindbad, odd effects like Balduvian Shaman)
    Tribal - Cards for a specific creature type or enabling tribal strategies (e.g. Spiders - Gurgi's request)
    Tokens (normal, altered, store promo or home-made)

This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique.

Changes to what you are wishing for should be made by updating the original request post only (since that post will be linked to your name on the next post). Also, PM me and/or post in the thread that you have updated your request information, especially if changes are made after your information is updated to Post 2 below.

The second post of this thread will have all information summarized and linked by participant, once participants are confirmed. (see Grixmas 2018 Summary for an example)

Note 1 wrote:

Participation requires that you supply an email address. The point is that I need some way other than Forum PM to contact you should plans drastically change with minimal notice. This is not shared at large, only I (and my Slave, if any) will have access, and only for emergency contact.

Note 2 wrote:

If you will be away from the registration address provided for greater than 48 hours between 1 Dec 2019 and 15 Jan 2020, please provide that information.
Reasons may include (but are not limited to) Vacation, Holiday Travel, Business Travel, Moving, and being too lazy to check your mail regularly (this, unfortunately, has happened). Otherwise, please put N/A in the registration if there is no planned "away time." Should that change, notify me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made regarding delivery.

Note 3 wrote:

If your participation is limited by region, include what region (Country(ies), Continent(s), Region(s)) to which you are willing to send. If you have no problems victimizing anyone, put N/A or Global. If I cannot pair somebody with a regional limitation, I will PM them back and we can discuss options.
Regions are generally: CONUS, North America, Europe or some combination of those.

Golden Rule: I can work with you on most circumstances, but the unforgivable offenses are failure to communicate and failure to follow instructions.

I am accepting donations early for the program (rather than waiting until Murphy strikes). Your options, should you choose to donate, are:

- Mail a single card, personally altered and signed (good or bad, but not professionally altered unless you are the professional). The card should be from an EDH Pre-con -or- less than $1 (or local currency)
-- For those who wish to donate but shipping is prohibitive, I will send a SASE (or equivilent, if possible) for you to send the donation. PM for details.
- For those that prefer monetary donations, PM for my Paypal or other options. This will mostly go towards SASE coverage for card donations and shipping of prizes.

PM for address information before sending a donation.

Cards received will first be used to cover any packages that are lost to the mail. The goal is to have a bank of cards before any packages are lost, so there is no waiting time for donations to replace lost packages. All the remaining donations will be used for the season closing vote on most seasonal/appropriate gift.

PM if you have any questions, or ask in the thread.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2019-Oct-26 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas is Coming
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-27 10:26 am 

Number of Participants: 15

0 Participants Complete

1 Packages Sent

1 Packages Received

0 Donations

Senders and receivers should watch their respective summaries, so they can see when a package is coming toward them (receiver) and when it arrived (sender). Senders can also reference summaries for gift ideas (demands).

Package Sent: <Pending>
Tracking Number: <Pending>
Package Received: <Pending>

Wishes:
Note: I don't really like foils, so don't bother looking for a foil version unless that's the most convenient thing for you. Gold bordered and non-English cards are fine too!

I have a few pet decks:
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter - Top of the library matters, and play everything at flash speed
Arjun, the Shifting Flame - Wins by holding my whole deck in hand by wheeling and doubling the cards with Thought Reflection/Alhammarret's Archive. Also loses by decking myself accidentally
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa and Tana, the Bloodsower - almost all creatures have power 2 or less, massive pump after blockers are declared

If you think of anything that would be sweet in those, happy to get it. Especially if it's an alter (the sillier the better).

I'm also considering swapping out my Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis lands matter deck for Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, so any neat moves that come from having access to all five colors with lands would be cool.

As far as specific cards go, lists below:
Cards from the last few standards that I meant to get a copy of, but never did. Maybe you have some of it in your bulk!

Anything on the list is fine, but would be most excited about:
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim <- for the 5 color lands deck
Wayward Swordtooth <- extra lands for the lands deck
Divine Visitation <- to turn the saprolings in the tokens deck into angels
Any of the Talismans <- mana rocks
Any snow covered lands <- snow covered lands
Generous Gift <- removal

Cards I've had my eye on, but but haven't purchased yet (many are too expensive for my budget, so I wouldn't expect them as a gift either). List below

I expect most things in the list exceed people's budgets, so here's a few weirdo cards in particular I'd love to have:
Shrieking Drake <- fun way to cast the same spell over and over in arjun
Bulwark <- fun way to win in arjun when I have a fist full of cards, but can't cast spells any more or I'll deck myself
Wrap in Vigor <- just learned about this card, seems good to save my board of tokens
Riptide Laboratory <- save both Rashmi and Arjun, since they're both wizards
Krenko, Mob Boss <- can always use more token nonsense, (fun combo with mirror entity in the deck tokens deck too)

References:
Demands
Standard Bulk
Money Cards

Wishes:
Here are some ideas for what I might enjoy receiving for the exchange:

Note: Not really keen on foils, so don't go out of your way there.

Any Grixmas themed alters would be cool. If you want to try something more ambitious, I have a bad habit of making tribal decks where the general doesn't match the tribe... so if you could alter any of these generals to go with the tribe, that would be really cool.
Nin, the Pain Artist - Elemental tribal
Sygg, River Cutthroat - Ninja tribal (got some rogues too, but ninjas are cooler)
Zur the Enchanter - Zombie tribal

I am looking for cards for a Sylvia Brightspear & Khorvath Brightflame blink dragons deck.
Decklist below

I want all the Amonkhet/Hour of Devastation Deserts that you are willing/able to throw at me, especially the uncommon ones.

I like the “Storybook” masterpiece versions of the adventure cards. The cards (with the ugly non-masterpiece version) I am currently running in decks are Beanstalk Giant, Giant Killer, and Murderous Rider, but I like most of them enough to fit them into a deck somewhere.

Some specific cards I am looking for at the moment:
Cavalier of Flame
Field of the Dead
Finale of Eternity
Gargos, Vicious Watcher
Narset’s Reversal
Shimmer Dragon
Steelbane Hydra
Sword of Sinew and Steel
The Great Henge
Tome of Legends
Voracious Hydra

Hopefully that is enough to pick from. Merry Grixmas

References:
Demands
Blink Dragons deck

Wishes:
I collect spider cards and would like to get ones I don't have.
These are the ones I don't have
Rotwidow Pack, Snarespinner, the Throne of Eldraine Sporecap Spider, Twin-Silk Spider, Thantis, the Warweaver

Others I would like:
Spider tokens
Altered spiders of book or movie spiders.
Other cute cards, I collect random cards just because I think the picture is cute, so any card that has a image you think is cute works :)

Obviously I would be happy with anything.

References:
Demands

Wishes:
- Older Legendary creatures that are 2+ colors (like Asmira, Holy Avenger)
- Planewalkers that can be Commanders (like Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath).
- I am a big fan of Grixmas flavored alters
- My favorite colors are W/U/B.
- If you want to help me flesh out a Giant tribal deck helmed by Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas that would be good too!

References:
Demands
Kalemne Current decklist/cardpool

Wishes:
Honestly anything you send me is probably fine (probably not a box of storm crows, but otherwise...). Foils for Kaervek the Merciless would be cool (the only ones I have currently are a promo Malfegor, Rolling Earthquake, and a few foil basics), but I'm not expecting anyone to break the bank.

References:
Demands
Kaervek Decklist in demands post

Wishes:
As for demands, I'm fleshing out the new Greven, but I'm kinda stuck on creatures to add to it. I really don't want to go through all the creatures that exist, and I'm trying to not use edhrec suggestions, so I'm a bit stuck. Commander staples are always welcome too. I always seem to be running out.

References:
Demands

Wishes:
In general, [I'd like] odd things that make new players go "What is this junk?" and pick the card up and have to read it a few times. That is always awesome.

I now have... 40+ decks, one for each color identity, a few budget brews (Sub $40) and 6 cEDH decks.

References:
Demands

Wishes:

-I'd like any loose copies of Second Sunrise (I can never have enough copies for EDH), Brought Back, and Conch Horn my assailant may have.
- I'm currently brewing Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale, and am always tinkering on my Ephara, Selvala, Explorer Returned, Kefnet the Mindful and Prime Speaker Zegana decks.
- Some good friends are brewing Yuriko, The Tiger's Shadow, and Volrath, the Shapestealer- any regiftables for them are also apprec... quite threatening to my wellbeing

References:
Demands

Package Sent: 7 Nov 2019
Tracking Number:USPS: 9500 1148 3411 9311 5166 41
Package Received: 9 Nov 2019

Wishes:

My newest Gonti deck could use some kooky or spooky items :

Zirilan (altered for Grixmas) has a few altered Dragons from previous years that would love friends. Done so far:
Scourge of Valkas
Dragon Whisperer
Nesting Dragon
Verix
Dragon Mage
Thunder Dragon
Dragon's Hoard
Lathliliss

Other than that, any Grixmas theme would be greatly appreciated. I am certain I can make a great spot for it in a deck!

References:
Demands
Gonti Flicker

Wishes:
In general I'm happy to see anything you want to send:
- kooky alters
- commanders you haven't seen built but want to
- etc.

I have a Zur deck that I like describing as Christmas Zombies with Evil Santa Zur. So, if you'd like to know some cards to alter (preferably with Christmas-related things) I'd be happy with pretty much anything on this list (everything besides the foils and the couple of cards I already have alters for--alters).

Last decks I built are all 'beginner' style decks which are meant to be on similar power levels in 4+ group setting. I'll work on adding decklists to this post in case somebody wants to make a fun alter for my friends to see (rules text still needs to be legible).

References:
Demands
Evil Santa Zur list
Evil Santa Zur alters

Mono Green Elves
Mono Green Hydras

Mono Blue Thopters
Mono Blue Sphinxes

Mono Red Goblins
Mono Red Dragons

Mono White Equipment
Mono White Angels

Mono Black Zombies
Mono Black Demons

Wishes:
I thought about what would be reasonable. The one thing I love are Grixmas alters. I'm trying to rebuild the original Commander precons (Mimeo and the other four decks) using only cards that have been in commander precons (and have the commander set symbol). So if it fits there and has a cool grixmas theme, I'm happy.

Beyond that, there are only a few specific cards I need but haven't gotten to actually buying them:
Gingerbrute
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
Dockside Extortionist
Smothering Tithe
Treasure Map
Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Veil of Summer
Grismold, the Dreadsower
Champion of Lambholt
Oketra's Monument
Shared Animosity
Anguished Unmaking
Bident of Thassa
Boros Charm
Syr Konrad, the Grim
And obviously Arcane Signet, if you like to get rid of it (who knows, maybe lord Bolas is controlling your mind?)

I'm also collecting (pre)release promo's with a date stamp. If it's EDH playable I'll find a spot for it. I have few cards of the last year, so I'll likely don't have that yet. Any of the above cards with a date stamp... that'd be the dream.

Last thing: foil treasure tokens

References:
Demands

Wishes:
I've been running a zombie token deck, led by Varina... no points for originality, to be sure, but it's a ton of fun. I didn't get to buy the C2019 decks, and I could really use Bone Miser - it's pretty much tailor-made for Varina.

What else?... I could use an extra Illusionist's Bracers for my new Grafwidow deck.

Beyond that, be creative.

References:
Demands

Wishes:
References:
Demands
Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale Brainstorm list

Wishes:
My Grixmas list this year is a very simple one: a functional manabase!

Essentially, due to some financial trouble I had to sell off a good portion of my Commander collection. I kept my existing decks, but it makes building new ones very tricky. My current project is an Etrata, the Silencer build that has Command Tower, Jwar Isle Refuge and Dimir Aqueduct as its only dual lands.

Therefore, my most dear wish for Grixmas are any and all playable UB dual lands to help fix this situation. Entering untapped would be preferable, but beggars can't be choosers! Grixmas themed alters or additions would be most welcome, if you're in the mood to add them.

If the above is not an option, or in addition to it, I've also been hunting for copies of Chandra, Awakened Inferno, Urza, Lord High Artificer, and Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow since their release, and any of them would be a great help. I'm aware these are not the cheapest of cards- I add them more in hope than expectation, in case my gifter is feeling especially generous this year.

Merry Grixmas, one and all!

References:
Demands

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2019-Nov-10 9:24 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-27 10:27 am 

Reserved

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-27 12:00 pm 

Pretty excited about this every year. Sign me up!

I am looking for Older Legendary creatures that are 2+ colors (like Asmira, Holy Avenger) or Planewalkers that can be Commanders (like Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath). I am a big fan of Grixmas flavored alters, and my favorite colors are W/U/B. If you want to help me flesh out a Giant tribal deck helmed by Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas that would be good too!

Link to Giant Tribal deck: http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19270

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2019-Oct-07 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-27 1:48 pm 

The hype is real. Count me in.

Let's see... deman...er... requests...

I've been running a zombie token deck, led by Varina... no points for originality, to be sure, but it's a ton of fun. I didn't get to buy the C2019 decks, and I could really use Bone Miser - it's pretty much tailor-made for Varina.

What else?... I could use an extra Illusionist's Bracers for my new Grafwidow deck.

Beyond that, be creative.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Last edited by Sid the Chicken on 2019-Oct-14 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-27 11:32 pm 

I am in.

Last edited by Tim Proctor on 2019-Sep-30 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2019
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-28 12:57 am 

This year, as every year, I am in.

Wishlist/Requests:

My Grixmas list this year is a very simple one: a functional manabase!

Essentially, due to some financial trouble I had to sell off a good portion of my Commander collection. I kept my existing decks, but it makes building new ones very tricky. My current project is an Etrata, the Silencer build that has Command Tower, Jwar Isle Refuge and Dimir Aqueduct as its only dual lands.

Therefore, my most dear wish for Grixmas are any and all playable UB dual lands to help fix this situation. Entering untapped would be preferable, but beggars can't be choosers! Grixmas themed alters or additions would be most welcome, if you're in the mood to add them.

If the above is not an option, or in addition to it, I've also been hunting for copies of Chandra, Awakened Inferno, Urza, Lord High Artificer, and Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow since their release, and any of them would be a great help. I'm aware these are not the cheapest of cards- I add them more in hope than expectation, in case my gifter is feeling especially generous this year.

Merry Grixmas, one and all!

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Ephara, God of the Polis (Azorius Men O'War)
Etrata, the Silencer (Dimir Blink)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Last edited by Swmystery on 2019-Oct-23 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-28 3:22 am 

I'm in :)

Demands:
I collect spider cards and would like to get ones I don't have.
These are the ones I don't have
Rotwidow Pack, Snarespinner, the Throne of Eldraine Sporecap Spider, Twin-Silk Spider, Thantis, the Warweaver

Others I would like:
Spider tokens
Altered spiders of book or movie spiders.
Other cute cards, I collect random cards just because I think the picture is cute, so any card that has a image you think is cute works :)

Obviously I would be happy with anything.

Last edited by Gurgi on 2019-Oct-26 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-29 3:45 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
I am a big fan of Grixis flavored alters

I assume you mean the Grixmas flavor? The one where I sharpie everything into a Grixmas tree?

In other words, I have little reason not to be in. I'll start painting.

Updating this points with DEMANDS:

I thought about what would be reasonable. The one thing I love are Grixmas alters. I'm trying to rebuild the original Commander precons (Mimeo and the other four decks) using only cards that have been in commander precons (and have the commander set symbol). So if it fits there and has a cool grixmas theme, I'm happy.

Beyond that, there are only a few specific cards I need but haven't gotten to actually buying them:
Gingerbrute
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
Dockside Extortionist
Smothering Tithe
Treasure Map
Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Veil of Summer
Grismold, the Dreadsower
Champion of Lambholt
Oketra's Monument
Shared Animosity
Anguished Unmaking
Bident of Thassa
Boros Charm
Syr Konrad, the Grim
And obviously Arcane Signet, if you like to get rid of it (who knows, maybe lord Bolas is controlling your mind?)

I'm also collecting (pre)release promo's with a date stamp. If it's EDH playable I'll find a spot for it. I have few cards of the last year, so I'll likely don't have that yet. Any of the above cards with a date stamp... that'd be the dream.

Last thing: foil treasure tokens.

Last edited by Shabbaman on 2019-Oct-26 1:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-29 10:50 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:
I am a big fan of Grixis flavored alters

I assume you mean the Grixmas flavor? The one where I sharpie everything into a Grixmas tree?

Opps, yeah... Grixis flavored alters would be very different. Lots of zombies I would assume?

I mean Grixis is probably my 4rd favorite 3c group. Esper, Jeskai, and Mardu are my top 3 in case anybody cares. Pretty much Green is my least favorite color of Magic.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-29 10:55 pm 

Is it too late?
The message from the EDH forums got thrown into junk, even though I have it whitelisted. >_<
Will supply contact info if approved. I don't want to miss this!

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-30 9:38 am 

CrazyPierre wrote:
Is it too late?
The message from the EDH forums got thrown into junk, even though I have it whitelisted. >_<
Will supply contact info if approved. I don't want to miss this!

Quoted for the reading-impaired:

St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Grixmas 2019

Timeline:
    End of sign-up: (last date to PM your name for participation)
      23 Oct 19
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to PM your contact information - because, inevitably, people will not include all 5 required items...)
      26 Oct 19
    Send Victim Names: (date by which you will receive a PM with instructions and your victim's name)
      28 Oct 19
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      7 Dec 19

Only three actual registrations so far. Everybody, please remember your first post in this thread is where I will link your demands summary (assuming you eventually register).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-08 7:55 pm 

Five participants registered

Two weeks remain.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-09 7:56 pm 

I'm in. :)

Demands:

Last edited by spacemonaut on 2019-Oct-25 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-10 1:05 am 

Note: I don't really like foils, so don't bother looking for a foil version unless that's the most convenient thing for you. Gold bordered and non-English cards are fine too!

I have a few pet decks:
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter - Top of the library matters, and play everything at flash speed
Arjun, the Shifting Flame - Wins by holding my whole deck in hand by wheeling and doubling the cards with Thought Reflection/Alhammarret's Archive. Also loses by decking myself accidentally :)
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa and Tana, the Bloodsower - almost all creatures have power 2 or less, massive pump after blockers are declared

If you think of anything that would be sweet in those, happy to get it. Especially if it's an altar (the sillier the better).

I'm also considering swapping out my Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis lands matter deck for Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, so any neat moves that come from having access to all five colors with lands would be cool.

As far as specific cards go, here's some lists:
Cards from the last few standards that I meant to get a copy of, but never did. Maybe you have some of it in your bulk! https://scryfall.com/@blade/decks/d6b6e138-dbfe-449b-87e7-e756dbe1033a

Anything on the list is fine, but would be most excited about:
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim <- for the 5 color lands deck
Wayward Swordtooth <- extra lands for the lands deck
Divine Visitation <- to turn the saprolings in the tokens deck into angels
Any of the Talismans <- :heart: mana rocks
Any snow covered lands <- :heart: snow covered lands
Generous Gift <- :heart: removal

Cards I've had my eye on, but but haven't purchased yet (many are too expensive for my budget, so I wouldn't expect them as a gift either). https://scryfall.com/@blade/decks/9cbc6187-48a6-49ff-9293-3d5ab77a1f2f

I expect most things in the list exceed people's budgets, so here's a few weirdo cards in particular I'd love to have:
Shrieking Drake <- fun way to cast the same spell over and over in arjun
Bulwark <- fun way to win in arjun when I have a fist full of cards, but can't cast spells any more or I'll deck myself
Wrap in Vigor <- just learned about this card, seems good to save my board of tokens
Riptide Laboratory <- save both Rashmi and Arjun, since they're both wizards
Krenko, Mob Boss <- can always use more token nonsense, (fun combo with mirror entity in the deck tokens deck too)

Last edited by blade on 2019-Oct-28 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile